Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Base housing for spinner and flight stick - MAME

Hi Everyone,

I searched on AA for tips on where to buy a spinner and flight stick and found some good suggestions in the archives from 2012 (AA is pretty good!) ...

Andy only stocks the one size wheel:

http://www.ultimarc.com/SpinTrak.html

I bought my spinner and wheel from groovygamegear. I can't fault the spinner or wheel to be honest. He stocks 3 sizes - 5", 6" and 7"

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=268

Cheers,

Brad

Agreed, I usually get ultimarc product but the spinners etc are just too damn expensive. I matched it with one of those minigrip sticks here http://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html Tron plays awesome now ;)

Brad

I would like to ask you all, what can I buy/use to house the devices. I bought a spinner and the minigrip in Brad's post above.

I would prefer something sturdy to be like the Qanba bases or any suitably sized fighting stick base, as I am going to use the devices with MAME.

I am not sure where to find these bases or what you people are using. I am not going to install this equipment in an arcade machine.

What are your suggestions?

Does anyone make custom housings at AA? eg sponsors etc.

I just built my own earlier this year. i can load more images if ur interested how it goes togther. Im planning on building some more at some stage this year so i can have a few more different control setups for various games5d287087118d444082250c08508b3e5b.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

• Administrators
Hi Everyone,

I searched on AA for tips on where to buy a spinner and flight stick and found some good suggestions in the archives from 2012 (AA is pretty good!) ...

I would like to ask you all, what can I buy/use to house the devices. I bought a spinner and the minigrip in Brad's post above.

I would prefer something sturdy to be like the Qanba bases or any suitably sized fighting stick base, as I am going to use the devices with MAME.

I am not sure where to find these bases or what you people are using. I am not going to install this equipment in an arcade machine.

What are your suggestions?

Does anyone make custom housings at AA? eg sponsors etc.

I sense some tron action coming up?

It works really well for that along with other games. Like Shane said years ago I just built a controller box out of timber. Painted it up and applied decals. Worked great especially since I put in a second joystick purely for Robotron, Crazy Climber, Smash TV etc.

Cheers,

Brad

These days you can get a good premade fight stick for about $150-$170. Given the cost of decent parts alone is going to be $75 before you even get to the housing or encoder, you might think about modding a Qanba or something.

There are definitely a few housing out there, but it's been too long since I was looking into this. Can't remember what they cost, or even where from right now. Nothing local, really, though there are tons of people with the know-how to knock something up.

For the spinner you might be better off making your own housing though. Depending on how they mount they might be a pain to swap out for a JLF. And you need the right encoder, obviously. Paradise Arcade were doing some universal mounting plates that might suit, but try to look elsewhere as their shipping is a killer.

(As an aside, if anyone is thinking about putting in a Paradise Arcade Shop order, I'd love to get in on the action. I want about $15 worth of JLF custom parts, but am not prepared to pay their US$60 min shipping charge, or whatever it is.)

People seem to misreading Flight stick as Fight stick......AFAIK OOO is a gamer not a fighter :)

Oops, hahah. He bought a ministick though, and he did mention Qanba, and I know they make ok fight sticks. And a lot of digital flight sticks look like they'd fit into a fight stick, too ;)

Thanks everyone for your feedback. When I receive the spinner and the minigrip I'll use your suggestions to work out what to do. I don't want to modify my Qanba as I need that for normal joystick gaming. I'll need to conjure up a base or 2 x bases to handle the devices with MAME.

People seem to misreading Flight stick as Fight stick......AFAIK OOO is a gamer not a fighter :)

Who knows maybe OOO can do any fatality ?!?!?

Edit : and you are saying Fighting games are not games ??