Thread: Game 7 VPGL VPX MonsterBash [FINISHED]

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1985 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    Midnight Sunday is the cut off so I'm all good .
    What, it's not Sunday?
    Haha.

Sent by using mental telepathy
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

State
    Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    [ATTACH]118321[/ATTACH

Sent from my LG-H815 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pinball Meets...I love em

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    I've never seen or played one of these in real life,mores the pity. has anyone here ?

State
    Doony NSW
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Quoted
    516 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I've never seen or played one of these in real life,mores the pity. has anyone here ?
    Yes. Ive played it a few times, i should learn the rules lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    The Duke of Doonside

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    Yes. Ive played it a few times, i should learn the rules lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Bet it's heaps harder, most virtual a lot easier than the real thing.

I played Attack from Mars at Pinfest and had a shocker on it But the virtual AFM is a longplay..
    Last edited by Jed; 23rd October 2017 at 09:16 AM.

State
    Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    I play it often and one of my fav games. In RL you can REALLY suck as it can be a drainer but then games you can go forever. Missed shots IMO are fatal and the ball drains in outlanes. I dont usually take artwork into consideration but I think the theme and artwork is 100%. The rules are simple but the challenge is to accomplish it. I was peeved at this as I could never get MOR twice! and I should have got 1+ billion. When playing comp - the whole strategy of game play changes.

Youre right though Jed VP plays easier but I found on newer 90's + pinnies. EM's and solid states (most times) play harder I reckon
    Pinball Meets...I love em

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    I've seen a few people play AFM who make it long play... I was lucky enough to have a few games of it at Pinfest and the first game was a shocker but improved each game as I got the feel for the real thing but I would say that the shots are tighter.

I agree that many tables play easier in Virtual, but I'm OK with that... I hate the games in virtual that play heaps harder than the real thing... that shits me. Funhouse (VPX) was one of those, I'm not sure if the later version(s) are any better but when it was released it looked fantastic but played so hard.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acejas View Post
    I play it often and one of my fav games. In RL you can REALLY suck as it can be a drainer but then games you can go forever. Missed shots IMO are fatal and the ball drains in outlanes. I dont usually take artwork into consideration but I think the theme and artwork is 100%. The rules are simple but the challenge is to accomplish it. I was peeved at this as I could never get MOR twice! and I should have got 1+ billion. When playing comp - the whole strategy of game play changes.

You're right though Jed VP plays easier but I found on newer 90's + pinnies. EM's and solid states (most times) play harder I reckon
    True, a lot also depends on the author as well. With VP you don't have to put up with weak flippers, targets that wont go down, etc, so that makes them a little easier. Abra Ca Dabra I found heaps harder in real life, so too Joker Poker!

Also with VP10, there is some wacky ball spin sometimes, that you don't see on real games!

State
    Doony NSW
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Quoted
    516 Post(s)

game now closed , well done JustAnotherRat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    True, a lot also depends on the author as well. With VP you don't have to put up with weak flippers, targets that wont go down, etc, so that makes them a little easier. Abra Ca Dabra I found heaps harder in real life, so too Joker Poker!

Also with VP10, there is some wacky ball spin sometimes, that you don't see on real games!
    yeah i find EM's play great on the virtual, even those ones with the usless 2" flippers are nice and strong
    The Duke of Doonside

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    game now closed , well done JustAnotherRat

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i find EM's play great on the virtual, even those ones with the usless 2" flippers are nice and strong
    speaking of tiny flippers, I had never played a real capersville until pinfest, that gets my vote as world's hardest pinball machine !!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information