Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rc car

State
    Guildford, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Son took his car out onto a local dirt bmx track on the weekend and had a ball. It had plenty of speed and was great fun bashing around. One of the 3000mah batteries probably lasted 20 minutes which is pretty good. He's still learning how to drive it properly and getting it to run straight was hard due to the gravel and bumps, but he got it up and over all the jumps, getting some air on some. Definitely a lot of fun bashing it around on the dirt. Only issue we had was small pebbles jamming up the steering link but was easily fixed by manually moving the wheels left and right. No damage apart from some scratches to the body thanks to flipping or rolling off the side of the jumps at speed. Tough truck.

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

I think I've narrowed it down to a traxxas bandit,. I'll get lipo batteries and charger for it
    , Ill buy one for myself too as my younger daughter will want to use one once she sees or older sister playing with one. Theres lots of choice out there indeed. Any recommendations on the lipo charger that can charge in 3 hrs and do 2 packs at a time

- - - Updated - - -

The 1/10 Monster truck was too big as the buggy would be able to fit on her desk in her room

State
    我不想乱跑,但我确实想戒&#25
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)
    @ @markandsophie
    there are plenty of fast chargers out there, the fast chargers can reduce the life of your battery sometimes, so keep that in mind, by how much Im not sure.

your spending the bigger money now on a brushless or the regular motors? Remember the bandit is 2WD
    And so you need to consider where the motors sit on those cars, they are right down at the rear and open to dirt and water. for the price of one of those with a none brushless Bandit you could buy a brushless motor of other makers which would destroy the none brushless bandit. and the HSP brushless version of the bandit is sealed so you dont get the shit in the motor, it cost around $200
    the brushless on those bandits are like $600 if i remember correctly and not sure you would want spend that sort of money on a kids first car which would get destroyed due to the power they have.

Just keep that in mind when choosing your buggy, here is picture of what im talking about, of the traxxas Bandit 2wd buggy beside the HSP 2wd brushless.

the good thing about 4wd Buggies is they have the motors inside the center Main body so you have less to worry about when it comes to dirt compared to the 2wd that have the motor at the back right in the mud and dirt, Traxxas are good cars Im not bagging them just showing some things you may want to consider when buying entry level Traxxas vs the HSP you would buy for cheaper.
    I would say the controller on the traxaas would be nicer than the HSP. but controllers can be upgraded like any other car
    hsp.jpg
    Last edited by jason1; 7th November 2017 at 12:25 PM.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

Any opinions on this one?

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_...YaAk3XEALw_wcB

Brushless motor...

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkOZLAD View Post
    Hey guys,

Brushless motor...
    http://www1.allaustraliansale.com/in...roller=product

if you trust them, and if that site is even in Aus dollars, which despite the name it probably isn't. EDIT: scratch that, i can't even add it to my cart. Oh well.

60km/h is fricking fast though, i reckon a 7-yr-old will destroy it pretty fast. And have a blast doing so

I know nothing about quality though, my RC car experience is at least 20 years old.

State
    我不想乱跑,但我确实想戒&#25
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkOZLAD View Post
    Hey guys,

Brushless motor...
    Not sure, it looks ok and might do the job, and it looks like they have copied off the HSP in some levels, but the quality doesnt look as good
    not sure how upgradable that is or what parts are available. It would be ok im guessing but 1:16 is pretty small and the HSP would be quicker and better off road if 1:10 scale
    Id still look at hsp, the price isnt any different for a 1:16 HSP which you can buy parts for, here is the difference, you can see how they have copied many aspects, but the servo's and ESC is different, and the body looks a bit more tougher on the HSP
    I guess the pro to the gearbest one is it has a Lipo and the HSP Nimh as an included battery, but that doesnt stop you from putting a lipo in

gearbest.jpg

here is the listing of the HSP 1:16 they have based the gear best one off. But personally I think you would have much more fun with 1:10 scale at least. you could bash it around allot more and would be less of a toy.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-HSP-...wAAOSwB09YRUZN

if you trust them, and if that site is even in Aus dollars
    I have bought from Gearbest before, Not RC stuff, but they are not a bad china company. they are a pretty well known website for Chinese stuff often cheaper than ebay and they have better quality control and good warranty which they do honor.
    But they are what they are, which is a cheap Chinese selling website. some stuff is good some stuff is crap as you would expect, but not a bad company to deal with often easier than dealing with ebay sellers.
    They thankfully arent fly by nighters, hope that helps
    Last edited by jason1; 11th November 2017 at 10:35 AM.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    390 Post(s)
    Stay away from nitro noisy, smelly & needs frequent tuning its not for beginners,
    electric all the way with Lipo's around 5000Mah ++ if you can justify it.
    Try to get a charger that has dual charging outlets & built in power supply if ya going to stay in the hobby long term,
    Stay away from the no name junkie brands, spares parts will kill you & local shops wont help you,
    Check out your local hobby stores & ask what they recommend & brand names they back up, might be wise to buy local, tho you'll pay more you will get the support,
    Reputable brand RTR kit would be the go,
    Cheap R/C is not worth the head fks
    Luke,

State
    我不想乱跑,但我确实想戒&#25
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Stay away from nitro noisy, smelly & needs frequent tuning its not for beginners,
    electric all the way with Lipo's around 5000Mah ++ if you can justify it.
    Try to get a charger that has dual charging outlets & built in power supply if ya going to stay in the hobby long term,
    Stay away from the no name junkie brands, spares parts will kill you & local shops wont help you,
    Check out your local hobby stores & ask what they recommend & brand names they back up, might be wise to buy local, tho you'll pay more you will get the support,
    Reputable brand RTR kit would be the go,
    Cheap R/C is not worth the head fks
    Yer you dont buy Nitro if your not prepared todo the work.
    they can be a pain in the arse, the Electrics are good for the reason you can just chuck in a battery and off you go with less prep and nonsense.
    But in saying that Nitro is awesome, I get more of a buzz from Nitro cars than Electric rc, there is a massive thrill I get from Nitro Rc's,
    but ease of use, Electrics win hands down

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information