Thread: Rc car

State
    Ballina NSW
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markandsophie View Post
    Daughter is 11, id imagine the younger one who is 9 will want one later, I have no lipo? Whats that, think of me who knows zilch
    I got one of these link (Body was Grave Digger but there all the same otherwise) for my son at age 4, he is now 7 and still loving it. They have a learner setting that gives about half power, and once they have got the hang of it just set it to full. It went that well I got one also, so much crazy fun with them and they are tough as nails. We do alot of paddock driving and the large wheels make it effortless. May not be the fastest thing around (still plenty fast though), but just perfect for the kids imo.
    I have a 1/5th HSP SC gas truck as well and I reckon I have as much fun with traxxas as I do with it, but for different reasons.
    Good luck with the search

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

What prices and places would people recommend

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Do you have a local hobby store nearby? Prices will be through the roof but you can suss out their range, ask questions, receive advice and most importantly find out which spare parts they stock.

You can buy online from USA and Hong Kong etc and save hundreds but you're on your own if something goes wrong.

Hard to give prices unless you specify a model.
    SEGA love: click | Nintendo love: click
    PC Engine love: click | Latest retro finds: click

State
    我不想乱跑,但我确实想戒&#25
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandsophie View Post
    What prices and places would people recommend
    If your looking at HSP which is in the $120-$300 bracket, will get you a tonne of fun, you can buy from either http://www.superandcheaper.com.au/c/...39%7C170&rf=cn or https://www.hobbywarehouse.com.au/rc-cars-buggies.html

both those places are Ebay sellers as well, I think i got mine from Supercheaper from their ebay listing years and years ago.
    Ive bought parts from thier website a few times over the years including alloy suspension upgrades and so on.

My missus has $150 Hsp electric buggy, it goes prety good, I have a nitro.

those Traxxas brand ones @FLEX mentioned are good, maybe a bit more expensive than HSP

this is my old Hsp 1/10 scale cost me less than $200 when I got it, its about 7 years old. so has the older transmitter, I have considered upgrading to a 2.4ghz.
    but it works fine as it is, they now come with DPS from what Im aware. so this is an older model
    But should give you an idea of what they look like

image1(5).JPG
    Last edited by jason1; 11th October 2017 at 02:53 PM.

State
    Rouse Hill NSW
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    HSP. Cheap and awesome!!!!!!! I bought one for my eldest a few yrs ago. On a fresh battery and on grass if you punch it it and I kid you not does a complete flip. It made me think at the time how things have changed from the days of chasing coin to buy and repair bits for my Tamiya Boomerang. The cheapies are pretty stufn good......

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

Im in Woodend so online it will be,tjanks for the info so far it

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

For the hsp stuff is it worth getting 2 batteries with the purchase, how long does it take to charge a battery and how many minutes use do you get out of it. I really am a total newbie with rc,. Pinball machines no probs, rc isnew territory

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    243 Post(s)
    Hi Buddy. Lachlan's rc has the older style batteries which don't last as long. The li-po's for my rc last for ages.

Our charger can charge very quickly less than 2 hours per battery.

U need to pop down and have a gander

Drop me a line for the 'long weekend'

State
    Guildford, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I got my son a HSP 1/10 brushed monster truck http://www.superandcheaper.com.au/p/...HSP94111_88046 The thing is large, quick enough for him and good fun. At first he thought it was just some large k-mart type car which are toys, but once he took it outside and turned it on he was very happy. He drives it around first thing in the morning and then after school and is looking forward to taking it to the skate park or bike track on the weekend to give it a proper run. I just need to get my little turnigy beetle fixed up with new front and rear diffs.

I also purchased 4 bigger capacity batteries from hobbyking - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...er-series.html and they fit fine in the battery holder
    Battery duration all depends on what you are doing, going flat stick will chew through quicker say in 10 mins, driving on thick grass will have the same effect. I think my son gets around 20mins+ with the bigger batteries. The charge time is long like 4+ hours. The charger that comes with them turns green when it's charged. Definitely get extra batteries. I went with 4 just coz I know my daughter will probably want one for christmas. I've got a smart charger for charging LiPos and I'm hoping I have the connector so I can charge some up using that at the same time as using the supplied charger.

If you go the brushless pro versions which are closer to $300, these run on LiPo batteries instead of the NiMh of the brushless cars. LiPos have very good run times but make sure to do some reading on proper methods of charging to prevent the cells becoming unbalanced. Good thing with LiPos and a good charger is being able to charge multiple LiPos at the same time.

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

Ok time for me to domore reading, thanks for sharing your knowledge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information