Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 33 - Game 9 ~ Tutankham (closes 22-Oct)

OOO

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1331538991_SMK_tutankhm_44520_wolf106.png.a601be3e22af432fac121f4075c135c1.png

One of my all-time favs. I've made it to stage 4 several times bitd, with a pb of 62,440. I may have a shot at 2nd or 3rd, but it's going to take some serious dedication in order to knock Andrew off the top spot. Nice score btw Drew. :)

Game is more fun playing with 2 Joysticks, using light bomb is tricky to get used to though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117992[/ATTACH]

I get the snakes but what are those rolling peanut looking things supposed to be?

I think they are Bat's & not ' The Cursed rolling peanut's of Tutankham's Tomb' :D

Tried to figure it out for myself up to now, but read through the tips thread last night & watched a couple of clips.

Made it to the door on stage 4 but couldn't get past the blighters. Think I was on my last man (no bomb) when I started stage 4 come to think of it :o bet I can't do that again...

TER_tutankhm_2017-10-18_wolf190_51940.png.7d664da3103fc7468e1d5507fa60d9c6.png

Really not enjoying this game. Though by my calculations, if I can match magrinder's score :lol before there's any other movement at the top, that would create a 3-way tie for 2nd place on the overall board!

For the umpteenth time this MGL, everybody stop playing!!!

Except me... I will keep swearing at my laptop.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118043[/ATTACH]

Really not enjoying this game. Though by my calculations, if I can match magrinder's score :lol before there's any other movement at the top, that would create a 3-way tie for 2nd place on the overall board!

For the umpteenth time this MGL, everybody stop playing!!!

Except me... I will keep swearing at my laptop.

You are now only 3 x MGL points behind Max and Daniel who both have 863 points on the overall scoreboard ... :035:, though Daniel is currently in 2nd place and Max 3rd due to the head to head count being 5 to 4.

I’m playing this on my ArcadeSD cab but I only have 3 buttons and the 3rd button isn’t hooked up so no flashes for me during my play. I’m planning to try on Mame before the week is over to see if any difference but I much prefer my real cab with ArcadeSD vs my PC with the XArcade Tankstick.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I’m playing this on my ArcadeSD cab but I only have 3 buttons and the 3rd button isn’t hooked up so no flashes for me during my play. I’m planning to try on Mame before the week is over to see if any difference but I much prefer my real cab with ArcadeSD vs my PC with the XArcade Tankstick.

Could you map it so pressing button 1 and 2 at the same time uses a flash?

No expert on this but maybe these tips / observations may help a few :)

Learn enemy behavior, eg. watch the Birds in the demo, see how they don't occupy the same spot or the ADJACENT spot, the Snakes however mingle together. Sometimes though they do merge into one, when this happens I think they become like one, need only one shot to kill & don't split back into two? EDIT: After further investigation they can split back into two (they don't often because now they are set to take the same path) they are also replaced by two more when killed off.

If you miss a shot, then shoot again right away chances are you'll miss again, delay the shot & try to get back in sync.

Learn to steady yourself, as you walk past an entrance slip into it then back out, to get into a fixed position rather than having to rock back & forth.

The 'wall shot' is a handy tool, learn to use it in stage 1 when you collect the treasure in the narrow passage at the end, now as the enemy enters quickly run up shoot right then run back down.

Run off enemies - By moving far right you will wipe out any enemies on the left, you can even use the mini map to see if the way is cleared.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118182[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]118183[/ATTACH]

Pressure points : Consider using you light bomb at the first lock of stage 2, getting back is tricky.. see 'Run off enemies' Stage 3 has many Pressure points were you may need to consider using a bomb or even a life to advance.

You have to be patient but don't take it too far, you get a second or two before enemies emerge so if you keep running to the right you will actually face less enemies, it's timing those runs in-between swarms that's tricky.

Edited by SectionZ