Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL 33 - Game 9 ~ Tutankham (closes 22-Oct)

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Yup you just can't press them both at once. Does nothing if you do
    Thanks for bringing this up for this to be checked. After analyzing the versions and with you, it should be OK.

Just checked TG, and they do not mention that 106 cannot be used. The scores are all dated "2005" and they would have been the early version of MAME, 106.
    Is it for real all those scores were on hardest? I changed this game to normal setting for MGLXXXIII.

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    At least it's not on hard like last time, that was brutal
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)
    This was my nomination, i've been playing the pinball comp this time around, running at the same time as this MGL. I'll definitely have a crack at this one though, after getting home from Pinfest.

BITD I saw this game in a couple of diffferent cabinets, one had two joysticks, the other was in standard cabs, ie joystick + buttons, fie left/right and flash bomb.

Just my personal opinion.... but it's really helpful at times to be able to shoot in both directions 'at once' with the buttons, it makes the game more playable, especially as you get deeper in the game and things start to get a bit crazy.

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1071 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    Thanks for bringing this up for this to be checked. After analyzing the versions and with you, it should be OK.

Just checked TG, and they do not mention that 106 cannot be used. The scores are all from 2005 and they would have been the early versions of MAME.
    Is it for real all those scores were on hardest? I changed this game to normal setting for MGLXXXIII.
    Yeah all of those were prior to anyone knowing about the button mapping.

Apparently so. It was part of a GEGOTW (Golden Era Game of the Week) contest in October 2006 and many of the replays are available at MARP

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

State
    Taylors Lakes
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    Oh for god's sake! Well played, everyone else!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
    Good to see the great gadzooks straight into the new game with Terence ... sorry Terence, but your score is only 19,100 ...

State
    Taylors Lakes
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    Good to see the great gadzooks straight into the new game with Terence ... sorry Terence, but your score is only 19,100 ...
    Yeah and I think Im not going to get much better...haha!

Ive only played this a few times...very hard....allot of strategy needs to go into this.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Apparently so. It was part of a GEGOTW (Golden Era Game of the Week) contest in October 2006 and many of the replays are available at MARP
    @RMacauley is on that TG scoreboard as well with 61,840 points. I wonder if he remembers if it was on hardest?

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    Hey, I'll take 2nd place. Everybody stop playing NOW!!!

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    702 Post(s)
    @RMacauley is on that TG scoreboard as well with 61,840 points. I wonder if he remembers if it was on hardest?
    Honestly I have no idea. It's been 11 years. If I had to I'd lean towards hardest but as my Dad used to say "I've slept since then." I probably don't have the inp any more either. I've probably been through 2 or 3 computers since then. If I can fire up the one I still have I'll check if it's on there but no guarantees

Edit: Just spent some time poking around in the TG forum archives. While I can't find scores and settings for this comp we played Tutankham in Deca 2003. That was back in the win35tg3 version of MAME era. I'm guessing the standings and settings were hosted on the now defunct (and for good reason) site snipercade. My score on MARP from the GEGOTW comp is only 40K

Edit 2: My MARP score is actually from IGBY2. Oops
    Last edited by RMacauley; 4th October 2017 at 09:00 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information