Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's Zombie Yeti on about

I know ZY is working on a Stern title, but he has started showing progressive shots of this artwork on his facebook page and keeps tagging Stern

Is this an upcoming title and does the figure in the picture represent anything to anyone on the forum?

To me it looks like it could be an image that suits Slayer, might just be my wishful thinking. Im really hoping for a Slayer or Iron Maiden. I would have thought Iron Maiden would be more likely than Slayer.

I know ZY is working on a Stern title, but he has started showing progressive shots of this artwork on his facebook page and keeps tagging Stern

Is this an upcoming title and does the figure in the picture represent anything to anyone on the forum?

It is a mascot/image used by Nuclear Blast records, which is Slayers record label. Slayer and Nuclear Blast have teamed up with a comic book publisher to a three part comic book series and will be signing posters at comic con later this year.

could this mean then that slayer is the next music pin?

I do not think there is a bigger enough demand for a Slayer pin. Could be just Zombi Yeti/Stern teasing or a smoke screen for another title. Stern have done that type of thing before.

Or Zombie Yetis turn at a Big Juicy Melons re rehash.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

You may be onto something there. Family Guy/Shrek, Big juicy melons/can crusher, Metallica/Slayer? Probably would sell enough to make it worth while. If Iron Maiden is true one would think/hope it is a new a layout and art package. Plenty of fans all over the world, lets hope :)

You may be onto something there. Family Guy/Shrek, Big juicy melons/can crusher, Metallica/Slayer? Probably would sell enough to make it worth while. If Iron Maiden is true one would think/hope it is a new a layout and art package. Plenty of fans all over the world, lets hope :)

Stern have hinted at Slayer before, but I can't see the demand, personally?....but, maybe if they did a split release or re-theme, it might be enough to sell machines? Iron Maiden for Europe and Australia, Slayer for everyone else?

It is a mascot/image used by Nuclear Blast records, which is Slayers record label. Slayer and Nuclear Blast have teamed up with a comic book publisher to a three part comic book series and will be signing posters at comic con later this year.

@metalthrashinmad is into thrash metal. Maybe he can confirm this if the pic looks familiar?? (or maybe Slayer/Nuclear Blast is too tame for him?? :lol)

Speaking of Slayer, not a fan, but this would make a nice back glass

1000x1000.thumb.jpg.d9d09a2994016524b639830b56ba273d.jpg

Edit: that's not Slayer, it's a compilation album they're on. Didn't realise that when I wrote the above.

@metalthrashinmad is into thrash metal. Maybe he can confirm this if the pic looks familiar?? (or maybe Slayer/Nuclear Blast is too tame for him?? :lol)

Speaking of Slayer, not a fan, but this would make a nice back glass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111516[/ATTACH]

Edit: that's not Slayer, it's a compilation album they're on. Didn't realise that when I wrote the above.

1585242701_nucbl.jpg.dde297e8bb165e19c22f05e4834f3381.jpg

Here is a picture of the thing Zombie yeti is sketching. The speculation of a pin is fueled by a picture of a sculpture of the guy or similar in the nuclear blast poster on zombie yeti's facebook.

Stern have hinted at Slayer before, but I can't see the demand, personally?....but, maybe if they did a split release or re-theme, it might be enough to sell machines? Iron Maiden for Europe and Australia, Slayer for everyone else?

Don't underestimate the number of Slayer fans around the world.

They just aren't mainstream.

When they played Newcastle Ent Cent, place was full.

America is much much more.

A Metallica retheme though? I'd still probably get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111521[/ATTACH]

Here is a picture of the thing Zombie yeti is sketching. The speculation of a pin is fueled by a picture of a sculpture of the guy or similar in the nuclear blast poster on zombie yeti's facebook.

so why tag Stern?

• Administrators

All of the drums have been beating for Iron Maiden coming for years now. The licensing deal is done. All of the Slayer fans are forgetting that Zombi Yeti has done Maiden art too. Derek Riggs has been at odds with band management for years, and a variety of artists have had a crack at Maiden art since "Fear of the Dark" was released in 1992.

http://ironmaiden.com/news/article/eddie-goes-to-comic-con

Sorry Slayer fans, but all I see to this point is typical Stern smoke and mirrors.

Dave

• Administrators
Could it be a Nuclear Blast compilation game. So a number of metal bands all featured in the one game?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Geeze Duncan, I hope not. What worries me is that the Iron Maiden art could be comic style. Time will tell.

Dave

Geeze Duncan, I hope not. What worries me is that the Iron Maiden art could be comic style. Time will tell.

Dave

A nuclear blast compilation metal pin would feature bands signed with nuclear blast records. Iron Maiden thankfully have never been associated with them so doubt they would appear on a compilation pin. You have a good point regarding art on Iron Maiden though just look at sterns last 2 hard rock/metal music pins Metallica & Aerosmith. You now have me worried too!

Dave

That's what I've been trying to explain to my 'non maiden' pinball friends. While I like Zombie Yeti's work, I don't know if I like his depiction of Iron Maiden art (as seen in link of post 18 above). If you compare that poster to Ghostbusters artwork you can see that ZY has a 'ripple effect' style to his artwork. I don't think this goes well with IM artwork. My 2c as a maiden fan.

But I'm sure I'll like whatever comes out if/when an IM machine is made.

• Administrators
That's what I've been trying to explain to my 'non maiden' pinball friends. While I like Zombie Yeti's work, I don't know if I like his depiction of Iron Maiden art (as seen in link of post 18 above). If you compare that poster to Ghostbusters artwork you can see that ZY has a 'ripple effect' style to his artwork. I don't think this goes well with IM artwork. My 2c as a maiden fan.

Yep, too true, non-Maiden people think that Eddy is just a character, but Maiden fans know that he is part of the psyche of the band and the fans.

I have NEVER known a Maiden fan who liked the music but did not like Eddy The Head art.

The first time I saw the full album cover art for Piece Of Mind I nearly shat my pants with excitement :turd

yep a nice re-theme of the em look big juicy melons. I know you'd be in that