Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

I noticed that TG have added a MAME track for Raiden 2 which I was pretty good at back in the day.

Played it today for the first time in about 24 years and forgot how brutal it was!

Best I can do after a few shots is 420,460. Just using an arcade stick attached to my desk (mashing the fire button isn't so comfortable with bent elbows) but hopefully I will have my MAME cab ready this weekend.

0001.png.49efaf17e8d497a7c073ae2b70d31488.png

Everything is coming together in the Castle!

Smashed my PB by over 100k and finished with 316,660.

Managed to get over 171k on my first life and picked up two extras with it.

Twitch link - Mr. Do's Castle 316,660 https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396690212

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=144622

I just watched the replay and came here to congratulate you and saw you just posted this, haha. Way to go bigred! :)

• 2 months later...

I've been playing a bit of Raiden lately, I can't remember how far I got back in the day but I do remember getting a 1CC on Raiden 2 on only one occasions (unsure of what dip-switch settings were)

I got a score of 863,260 the other night which was enough for No1 on TG but only by about 30k points. I made a few mistakes though and figured I could probably improve.

Managed to get half way through level 6 last night and then just before I died the game started to glitch and left a bunch of sprites on screen, the shadow from the big enemy plane as well as the medal pickups stayed on screen even after the game finished and went back to the title screen. I guess that's what MAME means when it says that game isn't perfect and may not run correctly.

So anyway my final score was a significant impovement 1,270,800.

One thing I noticed with this game is that if you use Player 1 side is that it is more difficult (probably why most of the scores on TG are done with Player 2) But when using P2 it will get more difficult if you use the blue lazer as I usually do for the level 3 boss and when you start in level 4 the enemy bullets are noticeably faster until you switch back to the red vulcan.

20190613-152731.PNG.467060b601299aac586a775df388bc8e.PNG

20190613-121535.PNG.23292535b076c075c124bb37b249b890.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Streamed some Mr. Do yesterday and had a million point game.

Check this screenshot out just as I was about to hit the million.

996k.

Last man.

Monster touching edge of Mr. Do just as I was collecting centre prize.

I just made it!

That is as close as I would want it to be.

IMG_4544.thumb.jpg.0aae5c31bc4a598b60c93d7b4f1f459d.jpg

Ok, we need a description of this game....

I've been working on this game for a couple of weeks with the intention of beating the World Record score.

I achieved it today!

New WR on the game 'Wiping'

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149687

Sent from my SM-G975U using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, so close!

Tried BurgerTime out again today to try for a million point game.

I achieved 1.1 million.

This is not my PB but I was so excited in this game.

I got further into the game than I ever have before and made it to level 26!

This is just two screens away from the killscreen.

I think I managed my Peppers reasonably well throughout the game although I did have a few moments of waste. These wasteful moments turned out to be very costly as the end of my game was purely down to not enough Pepper.

I think (with a few Peppers) I could clear level 27 ok and then it is on to the killscreen of level 28.

This is what happens on the killscreen. It would be very tough to last for the first 30 seconds.

Starting on stage 28 the enemies move about 2 1/2 times faster than they did before. After 90 seconds (if you can survive that long on one chef), they slow down to a crawl, moving one step every 5 seconds. You can still die if you run into the enemies. The chef's speed never changes. If you can make it to the top of the board (28), you can find the "safe" spot. You can hide out here until they slow down. You will need new patterns for each board to group the enemies, and wait each time for each drop. It can take 1-1 1/2 hour per board at this level.

@RMacauley - I'm getting close!

Level 26

804686889_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1567310087.872839.jpg.ea28c3a52dfa8db5bfb1876a94391d59.jpg

Ok, we need a description of this game....

It's a little bit like Dig Dug.

Move around digging out tunnels while avoiding enemies. Enemies can be cleaned up by spraying them.

The enemies track you in a fairly predictable manner. If you can get them to follow you there are good points in grouping them and rolling them all up in a carpet.

Here is a link of my game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444880835

• 2 months later...

Big couple of days for me for PBs on some of my favourite games.

Fired up some Arabian today as a warm up game while I was streaming on Twitch.

My previous PB on this after two MGLs and a lot of play outside MGL was 121K

Had one game today and absolutely smashed my PB with a score of 212,950.

Twitch link of game here if you would like to watch those sweet, sweet combo kills! - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516037508

1293548196_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1575270449.226808.jpg.64414556d265ad30b1ebd09fd60abfdd.jpg

Big couple of days for me for PBs on some of my favourite games.

Fired up some Arabian today as a warm up game while I was streaming on Twitch.

My previous PB on this after two MGLs and a lot of play outside MGL was 121K

Had one game today and absolutely smashed my PB with a score of 212,950.

Twitch link of game here if you would like to watch those sweet, sweet combo kills! - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516037508

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156925

Wow excellent score on Arabian. Almost double!

:041:

• 1 month later...

First I'd like to say that I've really enjoyed reading this thread; its creation was an excellent idea! All the more so now that we've got a small break in the MGL season. It's fun to read of players aims, aspirations and achievements.

In the light of Raiden being in the MGL in 2019 and the sheer ecstatic joy I had simply improving on it, I've decided to switch back to Raiden II for a bit to try getting further with it.

Back in mid 2018 my PB was around 520 k. I tend to average around 400-470 k if my top saved MAME scores are anything to go by, dying usually mid level 3.

This afternoon I fired it up again and managed to improve a little with a 570 k and then most recently a 632 k game which I'm hoping is a breakthrough. The combination of vulcan and upgraded homing missiles appeared to help me survive the crazy waves in stage 3. I felt close to finally beating the level 3 boss which I've never done before on Raiden II. It's a very tough game; much harder I think than the original.

0000.png.e7284799dfb7a1970e19fd6516c6307a.png

One thing I noticed with this game is that if you use Player 1 side is that it is more difficult (probably why most of the scores on TG are done with Player 2) But when using P2 it will get more difficult if you use the blue lazer as I usually do for the level 3 boss and when you start in level 4 the enemy bullets are noticeably faster until you switch back to the red vulcan.

G'day Derek! First up, that's an amazing improved score you managed with this game. A million+ on Raiden II is simply unfathomable to me at this point but I was just curious if you could estimate how much more a player might get by switching to P2 if one is used to only ever going P1? This is probably something I'm going to try next and see how it goes.

• Like 2

my MAME PB's are

Raiden 1 = 1,541,160

Raiden 2 = 760,010

Only Raiden 1 seems to have to different difficulty where using P2 makes it easier. There is an arcade track for Raiden 1 on TG and I've watched a performance on there and it seems the arcade version (at least the version they have played) didn't have the difficulty difference. Perhaps it's a different hardware revision they played or perhaps there is a MAME emulation issue? I'm not sure.

I used to play Raiden 2 in the arcade and managed to get a 1CC on it. But I don't know what dip settings it was on. Raiden 2 on MAME with the TG settings is definately harder.

• Like 1

Well what was once a simple personal challenge, is now a bitter and intense rivalry. Originally, all I wanted/needed to do was clock Twin Cobra on one credit, and once I'd achieved that I could be completely satisfied and move on, so to speak. Well, I did achieve my goal and managed a pretty reasonable 2,184,600 points in the process. Unfortunately, my younger brother recently managed the same feat and in doing so racked up 2,275,300 points. Needless to say, I'm very unhappy about this...

We have a history of intense video game rivalry that dates back nearly 40 years and I was the Twin Cobra 'king' in our family for a long time and being dethroned does not sit well with me :x. To add insult to injury, he did it on my Twin Cobra cabinet :redface

So my new challenge is very simple - beat my brother's score. And of course, hope he doesn't rack up an even bigger one in the meantime.

Oh and if I do manage to achieve that, I think I'll join Pessimeister and see if I can set a PB (currently just over 500k) on Raiden II, which is probably my second favourite shooter after Twin Cobra.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Not so much an MGL challenge but my main gaming focus right now.

I have a huge number of scores on TG mostly from back in the day when inps were eventually verified by refs. In the current TG world a large percentage of newer members are of the impression that anything from the old TG either didn't happen, had incorrect settings, was entered by a corrupt referee or all of the above. No vid, no did.

So at the moment I'm trying to do 2 things:

1. Beat as many of my old scores as I can under the current adjudication system. Concentrating on MAME at the moment. Having a few "how the hell did I get that score" moments

2. Adjudicate enough to get my credibility score above 4000. Then I plan on disputing several of my old Atari 2600 scores from 20 years ago.

Things may get really interesting very soon

• Like 4

• 2 years later...