Thread: MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

Are you playing a game with goal in mind and want to share your progress with your fellow MGLers?

Need somewhere to record your progress, share your failures and success, vent your frustration, Asks for some tips?

Well I am and I couldn't see another thread I wanted to junk all over, so this is it. Kind of a random crap thread for your gaming challenges.

I want to score a million on Pac-Man

My High score prior to today was 297,000. I thought I had 3 problems.

1. I'm still using a wireless keyboard for 4 way games (yes, yes I know, just make something you lazy git)
    2. I have the concentration span of a gnat, I play a game that's repetitive like Pac-Man and my mind wanders off, my eyes glaze over as I think about getting to my next target (or why there is no beer breaks) and the next minute I've gone past the tunnel and..well you know.
    3. Lack of talent

Today I had my first games in 3 weeks and made some progress, 445,170

Still had problem 1, problem 2 was better I didn't loose a life from the 9th key until I brain farted twice on this pattern and died

Big difference was today I wore my glasses. Who thought non fuzzy pac dudes would help

pacm0016.png

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks for listening!
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1982 Post(s)
    'I couldn't see another thread I wanted to junk all over'

You lost me here, sorry mate..

Feel free to delete..

Moving on...

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Sydhey
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    914 Post(s)
    I use the MGL itself as my motivator. The fact that it's a two week window of play means that I'm happy to focus for that period rather than chasing an infinite score over a limitless time frame. My target is a PB on the game which I can normally achieve - I think due to the focus, the tips, banter and friendly competition. Sometimes I like to set a target of a %age of someone I recognise as a gun player.

State
    Illinois
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    deleted
    Last edited by creech77; 11th June 2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: don't care to share anymore

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)
    I have a few games that I would like to improve on.

Mr. Do!
    My current PB is 1,364,150.
    I haven't been playing this much lately and am just getting back into it.
    My target for this is 2,000,000.

Donkey Kong.
    My current PB is 287,900.
    Until last week my PB was 194,900 and my aim was to get to 200,000.
    I achieved that so my new target is 300,000.

Burgertime
    My current PB is 841,550.
    I have been at this one for a while. I know where there are more points available, I just have to get everything right on the one game.
    My target for this game is 1,000,000.

Popeye
    My current PB is 91,600.
    I really only got into this the last time it was played in the MGL. I really wanted to get 100,000 back then but didn't achieve it.
    My target for this game is 100,000.

I hope to be back here soon and update these scores.

State
    TN
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    I like the idea of a MPCT thread. I personally want to get my WR on Space Zap back. While Twin Galaxies says I only had it for 2 months I actually played the game 4 years earlier in 2011 but for various reasons (both mine and TG's) couldn't submit the video. I am 29,000 pts behind the TG score and 42,000 behind the Aurcade score. In Space Zap those are large numbers. I still have the MAME Space Zap record. I have been burned out on the game for the last year or so but maybe this thread will help get me back on track.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash IV View Post
    I like the idea of a MPCT thread. I personally want to get my WR on Space Zap back. While Twin Galaxies says I only had it for 2 months I actually played the game 4 years earlier in 2011 but for various reasons (both mine and TG's) couldn't submit the video. I am 29,000 pts behind the TG score and 42,000 behind the Aurcade score. In Space Zap those are large numbers. I still have the MAME Space Zap record. I have been burned out on the game for the last year or so but maybe this thread will help get me back on track.

Bob, what technique can you find or use to bridge the gap in score? Do you know what the other gamers are doing? It's a great game and takes quick reflexes.

State
    TN
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    I do know that after the "TIE Fighter" screen that 70-80% of the time the ships appear on the top or bottom and I do take advantage of that. Since it is a simple game in execution there aren't many tricks. It is just how fast are your reactions. The ships are slow again after you die for 4-6 ships but even those "easy" points come at the cost of just having died.

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

New PAC-MAN pb for me today at the kong off
    Happy camper

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    689 Post(s)

MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I've never been so angry at a new PB.

My goal for BurgerTime is 1,000,000.
    I've been stuck in the 700k-800k range for a while now and haven't been able to progress.

I asked @RMacauley to watch some of my gameplay today to see if he could offer my any advice or tips. He gave me three very simple tips and I tried them out on my next game.

I had a pretty solid game and hit a new PB of 876,400 but finished the game very dissatisfied.

I had Peter Peppers galore, the ingredients were following me around like lonely puppies, the burgers were going together beautifully and I had enough pepper to season any hot dog, pickle or egg that came my way...

...but it all fell apart.

Bad timing, missing ladders, wrong turns and throwing more pepper than Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver in a food fight caused my line up of Peter Peppers to leave the kitchen one after another.

I'm having a rest, going to my own kitchen to make a delicious burger, drink a cold beer and then get back at it again.

I'm so close I can taste it.

ImageUploadedByAussie Arcade1519532194.844034.jpg

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information