Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 33 - Game 8 ~ Donkey Kong 3 (closes 15-Oct)

OOO

Sequel to the sequel …

MGL 33 - Game 8 ~ Donkey Kong 3

OboTdYz.png

Nominated by gamer: Andrew Barrow (Wellington, New Zealand)

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: DKong3

Game Story:

Stanley must shoot insect repellent at Kong to drive him to the top of the screen while avoiding/shooting insects. He must protect five plants at the bottom of the screen from being carried off by the various insects.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 15 October 2017, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 8 … Kong! …

20jLcGz.png

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All your's Barra. This one's over before it began. :D

Bring on game 9 :lol

Edit:

While what I just posted may still be true I didn't spot that it was DK3. Just saw DK and jumped to conclusions. If jumping to conclusions was an olympic sport I'd be a multiple time world champion :redface

Embarrassment level at maximum :punish:

Unrelated to DK3, but was just reading some forums here, what does "taking the piss mean?" For me being American, it would just mean taking a big long piss after drinking I suppose.

It means the same as 'taking the mickey' :)

A useful reference for non-Brits: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taking%20the%20piss

Unrelated to DK3, but was just reading some forums here, what does "taking the piss mean?" For me being American, it would just mean taking a big long piss after drinking I suppose.

Haha

Taking THE piss = having a laugh or pulling their leg.

What you're describing is taking A piss. Notice the difference here? :D

Back to DK3 I don't think it's ever been in the MGL? Could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Haha

Taking THE piss = having a laugh or pulling their leg.

What you're describing is taking A piss. Notice the difference here? :D

Back to DK3 I don't think it's ever been in the MGL? Could be wrong

But what if it's an almighty-neverending-torrential-piss-of-legendary-proportions? You know, you're in the front row of General Admission and damned if you're giving it up for some little teeny who is surprised to learn that "OMG, Dave Grohl plays the drums too?!"

I mean, I'm sure I've been known to take THE piss after one of those. Actually in both senses of the phrase.

I digress...

ROM set changed: no

0.106-0.190: dkong3 - "Donkey Kong 3 (US)"

Back to DK3 I don't think it's ever been in the MGL? Could be wrong.

Funnily enough, after all these years, Donkey Kong 3 has never been played before in the MGL.

It has been nominated a few times in recent years, but this is the first time ever it has turned up!

DBaLcnK.png

Great another one I can play on the ArcadeSD. Actually my youngest son (11) has the current high score on this one but I'll need to check the settings to be sure they match the MGL.

I remember when this came out in the arcades. It was nice to see another Donkey Kong game but this was so unlike any other Donkey Kong game I think it left us all perplexed. I don't remember the year but I'm pretty sure this was around the time of the arcade crash...

Happy for first credit on marathon settings in a while. Wasn't a great game losing lives a lot but didn't have any big meltdowns. Got a lot better near the end

Will submit to TG if I don't beat it. Game went just over the hour mark

:)

0009.png.24e217bf7350878e5a31eb5de61ae5d2.png

Edited by Barra

Happy for first credit on marathon settings in a while. Wasn't a great game losing lives a lot but didn't have any big meltdowns. Got a lot better near the end

Will submit to TG if I don't beat it. Game went just over the hour mark

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117019[/ATTACH]

Between you and that other guy I give up....

Best wishes to yoy both for top score but I'll be fighting for bottom score.

happy for first credit on marathon settings in a while. Wasn't a great game losing lives a lot but didn't have any big meltdowns. Got a lot better near the end

will submit to tg if i don't beat it. Game went just over the hour mark

[attach=config]117019[/attach]

jesus!