Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Ryza

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Elvis was done and he married a 14 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Michael Jackson Thriller with Vincent price call outs wow.

You know i heard recently that Vincent Price never actually supplied the voice for the song Thriller, he's in the video but it's not his voice doing the intro.

From whom told that fib.

A bloke at work, said he read it on a thread somewhere on google but i couldn't find a reference to it myself. I might add he's not one to shoot the shit usually, generally a real straight shooting type BUT you can't always believe everything on the net of course ;)

Don't forget Wonder Woman...

Only a 3rd of that one is real�� But I think The Phantom would be a good theme with plenty of reference. So back on topic for @Cursed sake don't know what all the fuss is about re the spinning discs, company saw flaws in the design and changed it, spinning discs except for tron , whirlwind and twister have always been useless gimmicks.

Only a 3rd of that one is real�� But I think The Phantom would be a good theme with plenty of reference. So back on topic for @Cursed sake don't know what all the fuss is about re the spinning discs, company saw flaws in the design and changed it, spinning discs except for tron , whirlwind and twister have always been useless gimmicks.

the disks were like a poker machine/roulette wheel awarding stuff

Who is the target market for Toy Story? I remember my kids used to like the movies when they were young but they've moved on. They're also not into pinball either.

It would be interesting to see some stats on new pinball sales such as age demographics etc. Surely most new pinball sales would be to 40-55 age group or thereabouts??

Yeah, this is what I don't get about Toy Story as a pinball. I remember my cousin was into it when he was a kid. He's now 30 and doesn't care about pinballs. As a computer geek at uni, I got the DVD Box set for my birthday as a gift from a friend and would use it to show off my home theatre gear, but wasn't number one fanboy of the movies. They were a technical milestone for animation, but never something I was obsessed with.

I personally don't see the theme as something pinheads my own age, let alone the older demographic, care too much about. Jersey Jack needs a title that people are going to throw money at it before they even see it. Is Toy Story that title?

Bummer wanted to hear that interview.

Yes so did I but I rekon it would of been a pr disaster . Jack is most likely the only one who can talk and not **** it up even more let's see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes so did I but I rekon it would of been a pr disaster . Jack is most likely the only one who can talk and not **** it up even more let's see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s been a huge backlash hey-any chance of a backflip? This could not only hurt sales of Pirates but also a loss of trust in the JJP brand.

This could not only hurt sales of Pirates but also a loss of trust in the JJP brand.

Yeah, definitely. "What, they showed the most loaded pinball machine in history? And they changed three disks for a single one?. No way, I'm never going to buy anything from that company again!"

Give me a break… This isn't going to affect the JJP brand. If anything, it yet again shows that buying into a machine before having played it in its final form is risky.

The real problem here is that JJP released preview versions of the machine before they could be sure that they could deliver. Now that's come back to bite them. I'm sure they'll learn from it and won't release details of a machine until after they are sure that they can make all the mechanical bits work correctly.

Michi.

Yeah really difficult time for JJP

I hope he can pull out of this downward spiral

You have the team the tech to do this

and BTW Toy Story, will be a no go for sales

Incredible franchise, I love the movies. Disney will make pinball life hell

which really sucks.

Good luck Jack

You rock, don't get chewed up please

Caution advised for next title if JJP can weather this shit storm.

pmal.jpg.4788ec6a088b1314233c0d4b0aeb3bd7.jpg