Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Ryza

Well he said the light board issues on woz has costed them 100s of thousands of dollars and they don't want that again.

I'm sure if stern could take back the playfield that got cloudy. And the ghosting GB playfields it would have saved them a lot of headaches

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woz playfields made by a smaller company chipped. Small amount affected I think first couple hundred. My playfield Nineveh is 500 and it's fine . They changed to micro.

Hobbit playfields are perfect. Go check my hobbit at Pinball paradise. The bucks are perfect anf it's been played a lot.

Di had issued with the scoop and sim card hole. Fixed with cliffy.

Playfield wise? Yes I believe so.

WoZ is fine after the initial issues and they have made thousands after that.

Dialed in issues aren't really a big issue. They all come with their own version of cliffys.

Which lead to rejections.

Now they have real cliffys

Time for survey

1 disc

3 disc

No disc

- - - Updated - - -

You mean to say you have the Super Duper LE CE, DUO (Demo Use Only) with minimal plays, and its now available for only $50,000!!

:lol:lol

It is kind of funny though, the most collectable things out there are usually the things that never made production, a JJPOTC with the 3 disc will be a more sort after collectable then the production LE or CE.

$55k as it has furyza on it

I think the main problem with the 3 discs was getting the optos to read them reliably. They did mention some slippage and that may have been when trying to stop them via the software. On the prototype games the discs spin fine, but aren’t “read” for awards. It’s still a good game, great for high end collectors, not for everyone (me included) but great they are innovating - with varying degrees of success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And more sought after than the 2nd and 3rd LE...

It really shits me when he does that. Oh the Black Arrow edition. :realmad: Just blatant profiteering IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Back flip? Good move :)

He’s the king of backflip.

- - - Updated - - -

Woz playfields made by a smaller company chipped. Small amount affected I think first couple hundred. My playfield Nineveh is 500 and it's fine . They changed to micro.

Hobbit playfields are perfect. Go check my hobbit at Pinball paradise. The bucks are perfect anf it's been played a lot.

Di had issued with the scoop and sim card hole. Fixed with cliffy.

75ths had issues when they came out in the pops area but not all games affected.

- - - Updated - - -

So there going 1 disc like twister? Awesome I liked twister [emoji4]

It’s gotta be the 3 disc come on Jack.

Twister was a cool game Pete.

Personally being a Stern POTC fan I think JJP has big shoes to fill. Stern did a good job on its POTC which shows still in its resale values. Innovation with the sinking ship, SPINNING DISC ;) and the interactive chest. I think I need another!! People still love it and hang onto them.

Great game.......I may own no:4 one day :lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What are you thinking now about one George??

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Nope I'm out at the minute with that one will wait how see how things pan out no rush for it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 7 months later...
  • Super Moderator

First repair on a POTC,mini playfield issues

LH EOS not working

A string of switches not working

Opto in cannon not registering

Removed mini playfield which isnt to bad to get out,had to disconnect the motor arm at the back and one retaining screw

A bit of a jiggle and out it comes with enough length on the harness to lay it sideways.

Found a broken wire on the string of switches,wires broken off the Eos switch and the opto had dislodged from its holder,easy fix

I would say at a guess a ball got caught under there at some stage so the way its designed I reckon thats not going to be the last time I'm underneath one.

Happy customer now

• Super Moderator
This seems to be a well known problems with the game - the wires under the rocking ship are zip tied too tight and cause tension when it moves. Glad you sorted it out.

Thats a good point things are pretty tight under there

Maybe fit some plastic tubing on the loom, the black plastic optos pop out, we add a bit of silicone to hold them in place

At least they made it easy to remove the mini playfield

We have been unboxing more than 60 pirates doing adjustments updates and pre delivery

More headed to wa next week, so good practice

- - - Updated - - -

First repair on a POTC,mini playfield issues

LH EOS not working

A string of switches not working

Opto in cannon not registering

Removed mini playfield which isnt to bad to get out,had to disconnect the motor arm at the back and one retaining screw

A bit of a jiggle and out it comes with enough length on the harness to lay it sideways.

Found a broken wire on the string of switches,wires broken off the Eos switch and the opto had dislodged from its holder,easy fix

I would say at a guess a ball got caught under there at some stage so the way its designed I reckon thats not going to be the last time I'm underneath one.

Happy customer now

Better than a woz mini playfield removal?