Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Ryza

It's not officially confirmed yet. But JJP has confirmed that a new pinball machine will be revealed by them at Chicago expo.

Mr Pinball has confirmed that they are flying down JJP #4 for an event with Jack in Melbourne in late October.

Chicago pinball expo is from the 11th of October to the 15th. So we are only 15 days away so I thought I would start a thread so we can speculate about the machine.

It's pretty badly kept secret that it's Pirates of the caribbean!

I've heard the machine will feature all 5 movies (yes there are 5 pirate movies believe it or not). Apparently there is more stuff in it than woz, hobbit and dialed in. Because of this they are going back to a wide body machine.

I didn't care too much for the theme but watched pirates 5 recently and didn't take it too seriously, it's good popcorn fun and can't wait to see what JJP can pull out next.

Dialed in software was spearheaded by Ted Estes (Mr twighlight zone).

I believe Pirates will be a Keith Johnson pin so expect something super deep.

The designer is NEW. Exciting times. It's Eric Meunier who has been working at JJP for a while as one of the lead engineers. He has been working under the guidance of Pat Lawlor but it will be his own design.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a huge fan of the movie franchise but this could be pretty cool as a pinball. I've always loved the pirate ship sinking on the Stern version and with a lot of material to work with, there should be plenty to inspire some neat toys.

The other thing for me is, having the game include all movies gives some closure and feels like it would be as complete as it could be. I mean art wise, inspiration wise, storyline etc. I've never liked the way a pinball is based on a franchise after say the first or second movie is released, only to have them release more.

A fresh designer will be cool too, particularly with a mentor like Pat Lawlor. If rumours are true an October reveal is a pretty quick turn around from Dialled In and would mean seems the gap between title releases are getting closer...

The other thing for me is, having the game include all movies gives some closure and feels like it would be as complete as it could be. I mean art wise, inspiration wise, storyline etc. I've never liked the way a pinball is based on a franchise after say the first or second movie is released, only to have them release more.

I agree. The series had good closure on the 5th movie but I doubt it's the last pirates movie we will ever see :)

Exactly how I felt about releasing GOT when they did. So much has happened since.

Interested to see this, I actually think this could be a great pin if done well. I am personally more interested in the toys and layout than the theme, but the theme I certainly don't mind.

Depp has apparently signed for at least one more Pirates of the Caribbean so the series is not over.

I honestly hope Pirates is just a ruse and it is something else that no one knows about, but that does not seem to happen anymore.

I want to own a JJP pin one day, but I would really like it to be on a theme I want rather than would settle for...

Be nice if Harry Potter showed up.... POTC can come after that.

Give Harry another 5 years when the kids who grew up with him have real disposable income!

- - - Updated - - -

Interested to see this, I actually think this could be a great pin if done well. I am personally more interested in the toys and layout than the theme, but the theme I certainly don't mind.

Depp has apparently signed for at least one more Pirates of the Caribbean so the series is not over.

I honestly hope Pirates is just a ruse and it is something else that no one knows about, but that does not seem to happen anymore.

I want to own a JJP pin one day, but I would really like it to be on a theme I want rather than would settle for...

For me now price is a problem with JJP. 14K it's a bit steep and probably where I pull the pin at getting a NIB game

Why does Jack bring out these old worn out themes? Hobbit hype was over when the game was released and now it looks like a hard sell(second hand) his quality and toys are great so bring out a current theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does Jack bring out these old worn out themes? Hobbit hype was over when the game was released and now it looks like a hard sell(second hand) his quality and toys are great so bring out a current theme.

Probably because Stern gets them all! Popular theme hogs! Haha.

What's everyone else doing? Alien. 35 years old. Houdini even older. Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.... The big lebowski. I agree with you but pirates is a bigger theme then them all. And even Stern has titles most people don't care about. Wwe, mustang, Aerosmith, batman 66 and that's just recently... Go back a couple of years and you have CSI, 24, wheel of fortune.... Whatever junk people watched on TV at the time.

Also. Data east had heaps of bigger titles in the 90s. Great block buster movies. In the end they are less desired then shitty movies Williams did and even original IP.

Also the issue with bringing out something current is you don't have access to all the video files etc. Gaurdians of the galaxy is coming out 6+ months after the 2nd movie. Almost the same thing isn't it?

JJP #4 - Pirates of the Caribbean

Probably because Stern gets them all! Popular theme hogs! Haha.

What's everyone else doing? Alien. 35 years old. Houdini even older. Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.... The big lebowski. I agree with you but pirates is a bigger theme then them all. And even Stern has titles most people don't care about. Wwe, mustang, Aerosmith, batman 66 and that's just recently... Go back a couple of years and you have CSI, 24, wheel of fortune.... Whatever junk people watched on TV at the time.

Also. Data east had heaps of bigger titles in the 90s. Great block buster movies. In the end they are less desired then shitty movies Williams did and even original IP.

Also the issue with bringing out something current is you don't have access to all the video files etc. Gaurdians of the galaxy is coming out 6+ months after the 2nd movie. Almost the same thing isn't it?

There are old licenses that are good I’d like Toy Story [emoji6] but Pirates oh please and it’s a ****ing wide body. I thought he’d learnt with DI nice new theme and standard body selling plenty by all reports. [emoji41] thing is with only 1 release a year if you get it wrong it can’t be good. Stern have bad themes but with 3 releases a year you can cover a bad one.

P:S Johnny Depps a deuce bag lol

My 2c