Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

IP camera suggestions

Just had my 2 yr old Hikvision bullet camera die. Cant ping it. Reset to factory ip adress and still no luck. It has 12v going to it and ir leds come on for 20 secs or so on power up but cant communicate with it.

Looking for a replacement outdoor unit. I have power and cat5 cable at the mounting spot. Would prefer bullet style as it should mount in the same hole but could cope with a dome.

Any suggestions for a reasonable quality ip camera at a decent price?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IP camera suggestions

I've been using the hikvision exir domes. They are a little more discrete than the bullets due to looking more like a flood light. IR from them is fantastic. Their ir emitter has less visible spectrum bleed so they are much harder to see at night.

I also have some of the minidomes but their ir doesn't go as far so they are only good for sub 20 meter range.

768e017dcd7b1a1488248308fa0aa1ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real question is what are you connecting to it? Are you recording it just want it for viewing? Hik have basic functions. We now have cameras that can alert you via analytics. Example when someone crosses a line you get an alert and much more. Price is generally better and quality is high. 4mp start at $95ex. That is wholesale.

The real question is what are you connecting to it? Are you recording it just want it for viewing? Hik have basic functions. We now have cameras that can alert you via analytics. Example when someone crosses a line you get an alert and much more. Price is generally better and quality is high. 4mp start at $95ex. That is wholesale.

Using for viewing via camera viewer app. Plus use sighthound on the pc to record on motion.

Ok. So really basic use. I think though everyone can benefit from the analytics. Nobody really knows what that is even in the security industry or how to use it. At home if your not around you can have the camera message your phone with a push notification. Then you can playback from the time the event went off. Like self monitoring.

I would suggest a small nvr over pc software but that is up to the user. Not expensive either

To be fair the hiks do have those features depending on model. My cameras are atleast 4 years old now and I do recall seeing the motion detection, intrusion detection, line crossing and audio detection options.

I do agree emailed/sms alerts are nice. The newer mid range ones have facial recognition but the size of those cameras don't usually suit a domestic situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ocLQmmRfM

Interesting Koops. I have seen all these before. Face detection isn't what people think. It recognises it is a face but not who it is. Regarding other analytics they may exist but not useful unless the camera is in the right place. Also it is an extra in general. Now ours are a standard.

Last couple of years have ramped up the competition and usability. I have used both dahua and hik. Some functions are performed better than others.

Would you like to try one of ours. You might be surprised what you get for the price.

Ok. So really basic use. I think though everyone can benefit from the analytics. Nobody really knows what that is even in the security industry or how to use it. At home if your not around you can have the camera message your phone with a push notification. Then you can playback from the time the event went off. Like self monitoring.

I would suggest a small nvr over pc software but that is up to the user. Not expensive either

Thanks for that. What entry level nvr would you suggest? Be max of 4 cameras i reckon.

Do they have trip wire and scheduled alerts? Object remove. Loiter. QR code, ddns and static ip configuration. Just curious as they normally just have motion detection which gives false alarms and thus the end user turns off the alerts. But would love to know if anything has changed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they have trip wire and scheduled alerts? Object remove. Loiter. QR code, ddns and static ip configuration. Just curious as they normally just have motion detection which gives false alarms and thus the end user turns off the alerts. But would love to know if anything has changed

It that question is at me. If the motion sensor is triggered it will email you a photo of what triggered it.

It that question is at me. If the motion sensor is triggered it will email you a photo of what triggered it.

Yes, but you wouldn't use it due to the false alarms?

Intelligence features are now the trend. Stops the false alarms. Also makes it easier to find footage by tagging the footage better than motion.

If you are on the Gold Coast I could show you the features and benefits. Saves you time...

Yes, but you wouldn't use it due to the false alarms?

Intelligence features are now the trend. Stops the false alarms. Also makes it easier to find footage by tagging the footage better than motion.

If you are on the Gold Coast I could show you the features and benefits. Saves you time...

I use the feature, I dont really get any false alarms, I use that feature inside my shop. an email with a picture isnt really an inconvenience. it tags also and if I want to see if some one was in one area of my shop I can select an area with the mouse courser and will only find events where there was activity in that specific area of the recording.

there would be half a dozen people serving time because of my video system. Nothing is fool proof obviously, but Its been a very good system and didnt break the bank, there would be better systems no doubt, but so far it has caught every person who has done wrong to my business to date and even businesses beside mine as i have cameras on the street and rear of shop. The police often ring me to check my footage from break ins on other businesses.

Great. That's what there for. Yes you are right there are better and there are worse also. As long as the end user gets what they need and fits the budget.

not sure what intelligence features are that you mentioned previously, technical jargon is not my strong point on this stuff sorry. lol

But I looked it up and it has Smart Analytics, facial recognition which includes Face detection to trigger alerts and automatic recording. 5mp upto 4k, has 2tb inbuilt but can add second hard drive for more storage.

Dont know if that answers any of your questions

Seeing I have bought previously from Swann directly they send me offers by email for reconditioned factory returned systems for sometimes a 1/3rd the price of NIB, mine was one of those lol, it included the full warranty so i didn't care. Plus i got a better system for the price of the cheaper ones they sell.

Its mid range not high end stuff obviously but its been good and serves it purpose as needed

But I have used their cheaper systems in the past and they weren't to bad either,

Edited by jason1