Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AMI/ROWE Grandstar voltage conversion

Pinballer

Question

I recently picked up a AMI/ROWE Grandstar internet jukebox that is setup for 110V operation. There is a voltage selector jumper on the main powersupply module to allow 240V operation. Looking at the manual...

https://www.amientertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Grandstar-Manual-CJE.pdf

...it does not mention what the jumper settings are for 240V operation. Looking at page 7-11 (pg73), Figure 7-1 and the previous page, it appears as though I need to remove the existing jumper wiring and install a jumper between pins 3 & 4 at the 4 pin mains supply selector. Has anyone else converted one of these jukeboxes to run on 240V. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I recently picked up a AMI/ROWE Grandstar internet jukebox that is setup for 110V operation. There is a voltage selector jumper on the main powersupply module to allow 240V operation. Looking at the manual...

https://www.amientertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Grandstar-Manual-CJE.pdf

...it does not mention what the jumper settings are for 240V operation. Looking at page 7-11 (pg73), Figure 7-1 and the previous page, it appears as though I need to remove the existing jumper wiring and install a jumper between pins 3 & 4 at the 4 pin mains supply selector. Has anyone else converted one of these jukeboxes to run on 240V. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow the wires from page 7-11 to the plug on page 7-10 then to the transformer 407378231 on page 7-8

You will see with the links as shown on page 7-11 (1-4 & 2-3) that the two 120V transformers are connected in parallel

You need them connected in series for 240V operation so that means link 3 & 4 at the plug on page 7-11 (as you said)

Just grab your meter and check it to be sure

Also check the other plugs with your meter on page 7-11 (computer & router - as they will now be 240V)

Thanks JimA, what you've described is exactly my thoughts on the conversion. Doing as you suggested, puts the 2 circuit breakers in series with the primary transformer windings, one cb before each winding if I remember rightly. I'm thinking I will have to remove one and possibly replace the other with a different rating cb. What do you think?

Thanks JimA, what you've described is exactly my thoughts on the conversion. Doing as you suggested, puts the 2 circuit breakers in series with the primary transformer windings, one cb before each winding if I remember rightly. I'm thinking I will have to remove one and possibly replace the other with a different rating cb. What do you think?

I would not remove anything

Before it was 2 windings in parallel with a 6A CB per winding (120V / R/2)

Now it will be 2 in series with 2 series CB's - 1 on each tapping (240V / R+R)

You should see the same current in the windings

Just check what is plugged into those sockets and "bill validator" below them on page 7-11 as it will be 240V there now