Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I love finding little bits like that. I have an operators book from back in the day showing takings of certain games I’m pretty sure space mission did well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Daniel . Yeah I like finding them too . Will be leaving the tag there :)

Pity there is never a tag telling you the last time the game was played .

I always wonder about that when I bring them back to life for the first time in who knows how long .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all .

I finally finished putting the last bits back on this game ysterday and fired it up.

Hit the start button, reset sequence failed to complete and sounded like a coil was stuck on in back box so quickly powered off.

Tried again and no response to start button .

The one thing I did not overhaul was the credit unit because it tested fine mechanically .. so my best is that is the culprit .. will see when I get some time to have a closer look in the coming days .

Unfortunately I don't think I tested the switches on the credit unit either at the time :o

Also, at the moment, if you add a credit via coin switch the credit unit does not increment .

Cheers

Dave

Got this game running on Sunday . It plays pretty well :cool:

Found 1000's relay was continually held on because switch D on Player relay was out of adjustment (closed for player 1 instead of open)

Also had a couple of playfield switches not working because I had somehow missed screwing them in after the playfield swap.

Neither POP bumper was working due to badly pitted spoon switches which needed some major filing .

Still have a couple of gremlins to iron out .. 100,000 light for player 2 is always on and about 1 in 20 games nothing happens when hitting the start button (suspect game over relay not latching due to a mechanical issue)

Now I will need to have a stab at touching up the back glass

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to having a go at airbrushing some Red onto the backglass . This is my first attempt at doing this and although not perfect i am pretty happy with it .

Before I painted it I cut out all the old faded red paint from the lettering (I had just started doing that when I took the before pic.)

Will have a stab at doing the score windows etc at a later date .

637535191_BGbeforeRed.thumb.jpg.9b0739f53ccb6da855bd81af4f6fd5ad.jpg

1448378458_BGafterRed.thumb.jpg.fb00f2b4c1b3b696f0f19d3f151a780c.jpg

713954686_BGafterRedLit.thumb.jpg.7f8e98196e02e5c6baa256c3edfcc5e0.jpg