Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Problems trying to playback MAME INP's played on older ver. of MAME

There are a plethora of INP's from players on the MARP page that I would love to watch, in addition to many of my own INP's I did back in the 90's, but the problem is that they were played on older versions of MAME and every time I try to launch the version of MAME they were played on, I keep getting this error:

266174987_MAMEerrormessage.jpg.682db214cc40cf80411d5f2c7c72359c.jpg

The version of MAME I tried to use when getting this message was m33b2b.

Pretty much any version from back in the 90's, but not including wolf mame, will generate the same message when trying to play back an inp.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get around this error message and playback these older INP's, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, when responding, please try to put it in layman's terms as best as possible, as I'm not too savvy when it comes to using the cmd window and coding terminology in general.

Edited by Arcade King

• 1 month later...
There are a plethora of INP's from players on the MARP page that I would love to watch, in addition to many of my own INP's I did back in the 90's, but the problem is that they were played on older versions of MAME and every time I try to launch the version of MAME they were played on, I keep getting this error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116767[/ATTACH]

The version of MAME I tried to use when getting this message was m33b2b.

Pretty much any version from back in the 90's, but not including wolf mame, will generate the same message when trying to play back an inp.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get around this error message and playback these older INP's, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, when responding, please try to put it in layman's terms as best as possible, as I'm not too savvy when it comes to using the cmd window and coding terminology in general.

It would seem to me that you are running a 64 bit version of windows like Windows 10. The MAME.EXE for m33b2b may only work on a 32 bit version of windows, like Windows XP 32 bit. Try an older machine. I am not sure if you can make Windows 64 bit run a program like DOS Box to run this version of MAME.

• 3 months later...
It would seem to me that you are running a 64 bit version of windows like Windows 10. The MAME.EXE for m33b2b may only work on a 32 bit version of windows, like Windows XP 32 bit. Try an older machine. I am not sure if you can make Windows 64 bit run a program like DOS Box to run this version of MAME.

The rule used to be that 32bit MAME would run fine on 64bit Windows, but slower than 64bit would. Not sure about forks.