Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Virtual Pinball keyboard box?

HI all,

Firstly, I am sorry for the Title, I did not know how to describe it.

My virtual pinball is just steam where as I use the keyboard and it is all very simple. What I was looking for was a USB box with just the essentials on it (L button, R button, nudge and plunger). I haven't been able to find one pre built on the web, so was wondering if anyone knows of something similar?

I am not handy at all which is why I was looking at buying one.

Thanks heaps

Dave

They are so easy to make with the most basic of skills. Keyboard or controller encoder, add some buttons, put it in a box. I think in parts you would be looking at $30-50 if you shop around and don't use high quality options like the ipac.

I would put it together for you but would likely cost too much in postage.

Seriously give it a go, it is so easy.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

I'm with @redferatu - give it a crack yourself.

All you need to do is design a simple box which is 6 (or even just 5) then go to a hardware store that still offers a cutting service, give them the panel sizes and pay the few extra $$ to have them cut it for you.

Next is some glue and screws, maybe a couple of brackets to assemble the box. One 28mm Spade Bit and a drill to cut all your button holes, a piece of sandpaper to smooth the surfaces and round over the edges and corners and you are done.

Then you just need to decide what buttons you want which can all be hooked up to a 1 Player Xin-Mo joystick encoder.

All up it should cost you around $75. If you get someone else to make it up for you then you would need to at least triple that.

• 4 months later...

This is the first one I made up several years ago. It is pretty rough but it worked for trying a few things out. Some things worked better than others.

20171010_221557.thumb.jpg.50fbca862496759c1281f31b6249d47e.jpg

Reused keyboard cost nothing, a few switches and a little wiring... :)

Actually, incorrect, my first one was really a cardboard veggie box, a nice heavy one... but it died and fell apart one day, after lots and lots of bashing :)

I have a custom cabinet 3/4 there, but never fully completed really.... I accidentally tripped over and bought a real pinny :40s:

In the middle of a big cleanup, the virtual gear has been to the side for so long, I was planning to put all of it on trading here soon.

Distance can be a killer though....

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I agree, making your own is the economical, and learning way to go :023: