Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Guns N Roses solenoid help

Hi everyone, I'm asking this one for a friend.

Their GnR has a couple of solenoids that don't seem to work. Even after replacement. You can't even launch a ball, which is a bit sad :(

Here's the solenoid tests that failed:

Gun Launcher:

ad010313cf0cbe9bd4008462e1326fb4.jpg

Vertical UpKick:

bc3b6672190ec510895f969afc30c7a8.jpg

Scoop:

6d1ae3fc7f6447298465b070effbb912.jpg

I lifted the playfield and we found this little fella hanging out in the bottom of the cabinet:

4269291b80d5984c58ac07faf95120ed.jpg

I'm thinking this transistor has just been soldered on badly and fallen out of this board, but I'm not familiar with GnR, so I'm wondering if someone here might be able to help out with what this board is and if you think I'm right about the dodgy transistor:

583b873ca4cc30d65c1bac3f7b4fdeaf.jpg

Thanks in advance!

That might be the magnet board under the playfield. I would suggest one of the magnets doesn't work either.

Have you checked fuses and wiring? Always check the simple things before replacing coils as they don't fail that often. I would take a punt that either a fuse is common to all those coils or a violet wire has come off somewhere. The violet wire is common to all 3 of your coils so look for others that share it as well. Power is daisy chained from one coil to the next so you might find a broken wire or dodgy solder joint on another coil with that common violet wire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I only had an hour this morning to take a quick look, but I noted the violet common wire too.

I'll have a look at it when I go back next, didn't check the fuses, and good call on the power.

Has anyone got a GnR that could confirm what this pictured board does and if that transistor shown does slot back in where I think it does?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

i blew up a few of these magnet boards .very common problem .cured by relocating to the backbox ,bit of work but fixed problem.

coil issues - the magnet board does blow 2 different fuses F5 F9 on ppb which may affect those coils from memory . Disconnect 2 plugs from magnet board .replace f5 and f9 and try coil test again

• 4 weeks later...

Actually it did end up being fuse F8 - not sure why it looks dark in he pic, it's not burnt, just that someone had put a 3A fuse in there instead of a 5A fuse...

Replaced that and we're all happy!

I'll get around to resoldering that transistor on that magnet board one day - at the moment they're just happy to have their game playable again ;)

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade