Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Logging In Query

Rich

for the first time I went to log in and the details were missing, I scrolled over the top and my username appeared and a message "this log in is not secure-Learn More".

I did update the firefox browser yesterday, would this have caused this?

• Administrators
for the first time I went to log in and the details were missing, I scrolled over the top and my username appeared and a message "this log in is not secure-Learn More".

I did update the firefox browser yesterday, would this have caused this?

Yes, that would have been the cause.

So just now I go to log in again as it's the same deal as yesterday and I tick the 'remember me' box thinking it will be like before the update and now I notice this

AA.JPG.b18c966a36eaa7ab40ed4b720fbeeba2.JPG

I click on learn more and it suggests contacting the web administrator asking them to make the connection secure......wasn't like this before the update, are they connected?

• Administrators

Ignore the warning mate. Companies like Google have been pushing SSL/HTTPS encryption down our throats for the last few years and is only really relevant for sites that store sensitive information like credit card details etc.

I've spoken to the server OP and we will eventually incorporate it on AA but its not high priority.

Oh yay, just got to log in after almost 24 hours, regardless of chrome or firefox it warns me that the connection is not secure, would have thought this would be a high priority regardless of whether or not information is 'considered sensitive' by administration.

1813397431_IMG_0039(Custom).JPG.3e303d7298acf63cf8788b74e5d9464d.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

even going in to change my temporary password I was given yesterday it warns me that it's not secure, not happy about this.

839236300_IMG_0041(Custom).JPG.8a8a57900c85677a8d7a6ea41697c2a1.JPG

• Administrators
Oh yay, just got to log in after almost 24 hours, regardless of chrome or firefox it warns me that the connection is not secure, would have thought this would be a high priority regardless of whether or not information is 'considered sensitive' by administration.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116686[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

even going in to change my temporary password I was given yesterday it warns me that it's not secure, not happy about this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116687[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately mate you're making a mountain out of a molehill due to your lack of understanding on the issue. This site has been running fine since 2005 that's 12 years with no security issues other than flaws in Vbullitin itself which has been patched many times.

The fact is the problem as to why you couldn't log in was on your end not the site itself furthermore passwords are encrypted so not even I know what it is.

I've already put in a request with the server OP to get a SSL certificate installed on the server and until he does it it's out of my hands.

Not making a mountain out of a molehill at all, that is purely your perception from my replies.

I needed help and believed I followed protocol.

I have never criticised nor complained/stated that AA has any flaws at all.

There was no doubt yesterday that I had issues logging in and after waiting the allotted 15 minutes, one attempt later I had to wait another 15 minutes, which repeated over and over, it was frustrating but no big deal.

Guessing you got your nose out of joint because I stated I wasn't happy, well I'm not, just me being honest.

I would rather know the connection was secure, just my preference, nothing more.

• Administrators
Not making a mountain out of a molehill at all, that is purely your perception from my replies.

I needed help and believed I followed protocol.

I have never criticised nor complained/stated that AA has any flaws at all.

There was no doubt yesterday that I had issues logging in and after waiting the allotted 15 minutes, one attempt later I had to wait another 15 minutes, which repeated over and over, it was frustrating but no big deal.

Guessing you got your nose out of joint because I stated I wasn't happy, well I'm not, just me being honest.

I would rather know the connection was secure, just my preference, nothing more.

No I'm only getting my nose out of joint because I explained the situation in email yesterday while I was trying to help you and here but you still persist in blowing things out of proportion.

I've already said AA will have the certificate as soon as the server OP gets to it, you are not in any danger.