Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Female Jones Plug (20 pin)

While I'm waiting for some parts to arrive for my Lawman pin, I thought that I would try and source the jones plug that I need for the Gottlieb High Hand that I picked up late last year.

The jones plugs, that connect the head to the cabinet, have been crushed on both ends and are in pieces.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss150/Gizzy_Judge/High%20Hand/2016-12-22%2020.47.35_zpst71rjxxc.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss150/Gizzy_Judge/High%20Hand/2016-12-22%2020.57.58_zpso7fsplra.jpg

Luckily I managed to pick up the both male plugs, many thanks to @illawarra_steelers :) , so now I just need to find the female side of the plug.

It's a 20 pin plug, 2 rows of 10 pins. Hopefully someone has a parts machine out there and can salvage this part for me.

Many thanks

Edited by thejudge

Is there no way to make one using the old parts and just replace the broken piece of Bakelite?.

I would have no idea where you would source those plugs these days other than old second hand originals.

That was so common when those machines were sited usually by someone taking the head off without unplugging the harnesses but we had drawers of brand new spares to quickly swap them over.

Is there no way to make one using the old parts and just replace the broken piece of Bakelite?.

I was hoping to get a second hand original which would be just a straight swap over. The current one could possibly be fixed with a lot a mucking around. The first question is where can I get hold of some Bakelite, is it readily available?

I guess you no longer have drawers of spares :)

I was hoping to get a second hand original which would be just a straight swap over. The current one could possibly be fixed with a lot a mucking around. The first question is where can I get hold of some Bakelite, is it readily available?

I'm thinking fiberglass PC material would be an ideal replacement material so Jaycar.

I guess you no longer have drawers of spares :)

Aye, I did get a lot of "spares" but none of those connectors. I thought I did well getting 3 pinballs and a couple of drawers of Bally and Williams SS parts.

The sad fact is I suspect most of those spares ended up as landfill. It was LAI that bought out Goddards for the sites they had rather than the machines or parts.

Most of those pinballs were sold at around $100 each at the time or went straight to landfill themselves so the value they would have on spares would have been nil.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking for a diagram to see how hard it would be to make I found the original Gottlieb patent..:o

http://www.google.com.sv/patents/US2429810

You can have this if it's any good to you , just pay the postage.

Believe it or not i removed this from a Bally Playboy i fixed a couple of years ago with hacked wiring.

That looks like it should do the job, thanks very much.

I'll PM my details etc

..but, but it's not gottlieb ;)

Haha, I knew that you would make this sort of comment Tony :D

Yeah I know it's not Gottlieb, but as I won't be starting the restoration for awhile, its the best option I have at the moment.

yeah while its an awesome offer if you're gong to use the wrong plug you best just use new molex

I'm still going to look round for an original piece instead of going with a molex connector for now.

The search is over, I managed to acquire an original Gottlieb part from a very generous Andrew @cardini last night :D.

Thanks to @Skybeaux for sending me the bally part, won't need it now but I'll hold onto that just in case someone else needs it in the future.

Now @thejudge,

you know the Deal!!! @Rawdon

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/68Pinball/20170527_160043_zpsyhdcwqzt.jpg

Looking forward to watching the project come back to life.

Edited by cardini

I have a quick question regarding the male jones plug. How do you get the existing wire out so that I can put the new one in?

I have tried heating it for ages with the soldering iron but that didn't work. I'm not sure how the wire is put in so not sure how to get it out?

Any ideas, maybe a blow torch?

Actually, I'll move this to another thread.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/88022-Gottlieb-EM-How-to-change-wires-in-a-male-jones-plug

Edited by thejudge