Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Spiderman. Help me like it

Ryza

This is the 2nd time I've owned stern spiderman. It didn't click with me the first time and I have the same feeling the 2nd time. I love star trek and it has an almost identical layout. But I get the total opposite feeling when playing both.

I've added a shaker to it finally and that's helped a little....does it need a sub?

Can someone who loves the game tell me why? What am I missing. What does it have over other games? I didn't enjoy tspp as much as I do now until someone from AA wrote me the world's longest sms telling me why he loves it so much, and thrn I saw the machine in a different ligjy.

So... No negativity. I don't want to know what you don't like.... What do you like about spiderman!?

I have been having a very similar issue.

I like it but I'm just not 'feeling' it yet. It possibly doesn't help it arrived in my house only a few days before TWD which I LOVE.

Interesting to hear a shaker has helped. I'm also keen to hear others thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Totally irrelevant, but I am keen on hearing what was in that text! What brought you around with TSPP specifically? I'm having trouble getting into it also, more than I initially thought I would.

Totally irrelevant, but I am keen on hearing what was in that text! What brought you around with TSPP specifically? I'm having trouble getting into it also, more than I initially thought I would.
@IAMWZL sent it to me. Don't think I have it anymore.

He convinced me not to sell him my game even though he wanted it really bad.

add a sub @Ryza most definitely......its a flow game fast and fun and reallly good shots and good modes......the sub gets it kicking and j Jonah Jamieson has the best one liners....

get the train and buildings mods or the cityscape interior decals and this games complexion changes completely brew 😎😎

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

add a sub @Ryza most definitely......its a flow game fast and fun and reallly good shots and good modes......the sub gets it kicking and j Jonah Jamieson has the best one liners....

get the train and buildings mods or the cityscape interior decals and this games complexion changes completely brew 😎😎

You sold your game! I want someone that still loves it!

I did love it @Ryza I just couldn't love the 1 I had because of the history is all......i loved the sounds when stuff was happening loved the silky feel of the ramp shots/combos it really is a great game for speed and flow and the sound package ties in nicely....i love think I only ever got as far as the 1st wizard mode and nearly made it to super hero a few times... my only regret when I sold it was not getting to super hero b4 i parted ways with it....cheap pixelated artwork was the biggest letdown, especially those ugly sling plastics.

You could always dress up as spidey when playing it, to really get into the mood of it all.

STLE and spidey are way different to me also with similar layout. Perhaps its the music and the coding on each.

STLE ftw!

- Con

For me, Spidey is a fantastic game - however, it does not get as much play as some of my other machines. Sometimes i think i could move it on, then have a few games and love it. Some of my thoughts...

I tend to focus on modes - and this is probably my only criticism of the game, is that multiballs are a little too easy to get. And since you can't start a mode during multiball (or progress your white arrow shots), it can be sometimes frustrating but at the same time challenging to deliberately avoid multiballs to progress modes.

The villains tend to look after themselves in terms of completing them, although getting Green Goblin and Venom the 3rd time can be a challenge.

I realise i said that avoiding multiballs can be a strategy, at the same time, stacking a mode, plus 2 multiballs (say bonesaw, dock ock and black suit multiballs) can be a good strategy and get some really good points.

I reckon the music is great, the 3 ramp shots are really nice and flowy - although i have found the upper flipper ramp shot can be different in different machines - on mine at home i can hit it 80%, however i played one yesterday and struggled to get it 20%!

I guess to me, its a game that i can go to, is not super complex ruleset wise, however is still reaosnably challenging, but you can still have decent ball times.

BUT....the Wizard mode (super hero) is AWESOME - i think it has 5 or 6 levels within the wizard mode (aiming for the spider sense shot which is part of the wizard mode is great fun, but huge risk). I have only got there once, and think i started the 4th level. I tend to play most of the time with aim of getting as far through a game as i can. Games like MonsterBash, Roadshow, Indiana Jones or Shadow i find i can get to the wizard mode say every 30-40 games or so, however Spidey seems perfect for me - i've achieved the Wizard mode once in 3 years, so i know it can be done, but i have to have a cracker of a game to actually get there. Plus, once i get there, i need to really keep my wits to try and finish the wizard mode.

So i guess in summary, it is a very well balnced game (for me), in that its not easy to complete, but within reach, as great flowing shots, good sound and good rules. In terms of you liking it more, i would try the strategy of focussing on modes, is it you focus on villains, it might get a bit repetitive.

TSPP on the other hand, for some reason i really don't like, even though i have desparately tried. X-Men is VERY quickly becoming a favourite of mine as well, just a sensational all round package, and harder than Spidey.

Thanks to a Robm coaching clinic at my place recently I have been playing smve alot lately!

Love the theme and game. I have upgraded the speakers, lighting, figures and some hardware and just going to do some subtle pinball browser music changes and custom back bix lighting soon.

Sits nice in my super hero section with bdk and imve!

I am definitely not as hard core as alot of you AAers but do have my personal faves. The theme and game have to both work for me equally....not one or the other. Eg Adams and IJ love the theme but didn't like the game. Or GOT and Metalica love the games but hate the themes.

Also important for me that friends and family can enjoy it as well.

So for me at the moment I am loving both theme and game and hoping to get to wizard mode one day!

Nah theres a few changes like Venom skill shot, but not sure of all of them... The dots are very good and nice additions like a cliffy around the doc ock hole. As Rob said the Wizard mode is dam good and they have made an addition to that as well which I am not sure if I should say... would spoil it...

Nah theres a few changes like Venom skill shot, but not sure of all of them... The dots are very good and nice additions like a cliffy around the doc ock hole. As Rob said the Wizard mode is dam good and they have made an addition to that as well which I am not sure if I should say... would spoil it...

Wizard doesn't interest me on any game as I will never achieve them:)

Dumb question but if you owned one before and didn't like it, Why buy it again? I mean there are so many titles you've never owned so why didn't you buy something different? It's like owning a car & buying the same model to replace it. IMO :)

My interests in pinball are always changing. First it started with b/w games.

Then i liked super deep games only.

Now I enjoy a shorter game as long as it's satisfying!

So I thought Id give it another go.

1 month after getting it a 2nd time someone offered me to swap it temporarily for a Metallica which I couldn't say no to. So I just got it back and and it's almost like a 3rd time :)

Sometimes Ryan it's just us. We don't click with a game and that's ok. Look at all the love for TZ. I bought one and had to drag myself back for a game. Forcing myself to play it and like it. After all everyone else seems to love it. Even with coaching from a great bloke Paul @specialharmony I still couldn't love it. It was more a toleration relationship......one I severed soon after. STTNG as most here will know was a bit the same but it was more the frustrating right drains.

Sorry I digress. I owned a very very nice late run original SM (thanks to Mike @TimeBandit) played it and loved it. Ball times got a bit long with the centre post. Sold it and never missed it.

STLE is similar in gameplay sort of but man I love that game and am missing it tremendously. It's a click thing and I'm too old lol to be wasting time on a machine I have to force myself to like. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed playing every single pinball I have owned but some just keep you pressing that button one more time. I'm surprised the GoT is giving me that same feeling as STLE. I just love it and want one more game. Xmen too was a ripper that I miss.

Probably off topic but my 2c worth. (That's an old brown coin for you young uns ) :D

You sold STLE! Never! Blasphemy! Wow. I am in shock. Hope it went to a good home.

I'll try playing it differently as I pretty much ignored the white spiders which I didn't know you can't progress in MB which I'm always going for. Little things like that can change a game I think.

And I agree with you on TZ. I have so much respect for that game. And I enjoy the sounds and how different it is. But I never seem to have too much fun playing it more than once.

I don't know if you're a tutorial kind of guy but I watched the Bowen tutorial and that has certainly helped improve my experience somewhat now I sort of understand what I'm doing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I know it's like losing my first born. I will get another someday. As I said GoT is easing the pain more than I thought. Taken me a while to get around the ruleset but I'm getting there.

What I liked most about Spidey was the shot under the third flipper like on STLE just very rewarding when you start to make it more often than you miss it.

I didn't what it a while ago I should revisit. The only thing is that sometimes Bowen concentracts purely on getting a big score and on some pins that doesn't align with progressing through modes heading towards wizard etc