Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Plasterboard soundcheck brisbane where to buy

graf

There are a few options I looked into a while back for my shed lining but I ended up not going with plasterboard.

I think bayside plasterboard were one I was seriously thinking about.

Look into using a product called green glue to add your second layer of plasterboard. Assuming you're looking at adding a layer to the existing wall. If you're stripping off the original plasterboard then you could use isolation mounts for the plasterboard. It gets pricey quick when you look at really killing sound, especially bass frequencies.

the wall isn't the big. 3.5 m X 2.5 approx.

Yes I will rip it all down. The batts will be R2 installation and now looking at the plasterboard.

The only hard bits will be putting new plaster coners back on top ( I will call in a expert for that).

But i will let you know how it goes.

I think in just materials I am looking at around $200 max. If it works out then I will do the same on another wall :)

In that case look at "resilient mounts", which is the correct name for the isolation mount stuff. It's probably worthwhile given that you're only doing one side of the wall. I can't recall the costs, I was looking at doing a 6m x 12m shed with 3m high wall so it was looking seriously expensive, plus it's a workshop so plasterboard isn't ideal when you want to use the walls to hang stuff.

the wall isn't the big. 3.5 m X 2.5 approx.

Yes I will rip it all down. The batts will be R2 installation and now looking at the plasterboard.

The only hard bits will be putting new plaster coners back on top ( I will call in a expert for that).

But i will let you know how it goes.

I think in just materials I am looking at around $200 max. If it works out then I will do the same on another wall :)

Use acoustic batts as well.