Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RFM Slingshot Spotlights

I have a german delivered RFM that is missing the spotlights on the slingshots. Looking locally, and even at Marco the parts aren't available at the moment from anywhere (the spotlights themselves, posts are). Does anyone have any of these available, or have successfully modded the Data East spotlights or similar to work?

Looking at my loom, i also can't find a spot where they would have plugged into. Does anyone know if the german delivered game loom is different (german machines didn't have the spotlights on from factory apparently)

Edit: Found the reflector assemblies, now just querying the connection location.

Edited by Jodannar

Here's the one located on the middle left of the playfield:

IMG_5029.thumb.jpg.a9ce2892da7f8d146225091812090286.jpg

and the cabling below it:

IMG_5027.thumb.jpg.36b05a83e4af496617795558b19212be.jpg

I have my machine fully apart at the moment, cleaning and replacing things, so if you want photos or anything, let me know, and I'll upload them.

For reference, my machine is Model number - "Revenge From Mars - ITALY 2 SL"

EDIT:

Sorry the pictures are rotate wrongly.. Stupid iPhone...

Thanks. I have the side spot and the wiring for it. Can't see anything in my loom to hook spot lights into though. My saucers are connected on molex like your spot, but there don't appear to be any others for the sling spots to go into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, here are a couple of pics from my right slingshot:

65ba817df014035ff20375491c5b4200.jpgac0296325b8aa11da105d03e98778313.jpg

The four pin plug (only two wires) is the spotlight connector. Mine has four wires going into the connector:

Tough to see on the photo, but:

2 red/grey wire

2 yellow/brown wire

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Thanks @thesav. My loom has no open sockets (4pin) It only has sockets that the saucers are connected to. I'll dig into the bunched wires more tomorrow and see if they are bundled inside the zip tied sets somewhere.

Also, go grab the Operations Manual from IPDB if you havne't yet:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4446

I uploaded a new version late last year, that allows you to search for text through the PDF too - heaps more helpful than the previous scan that was there :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks @thesav. My loom has no open sockets (4pin) It only has sockets that the saucers are connected to. I'll dig into the bunched wires more tomorrow and see if they are bundled inside the zip tied sets somewhere.

okay, let me know how you go, if you'd like more info or pics, I'll have my machine out and in parts all week :)

Ow bummer...

Have you got the coloured wires that I mentioned above?

The red/grey & yellow/brown?

P.S. The hardware under your playfield looks in much nicer nick than mine!

Hrmm... Doh..

Have you looked at the output from the lamp tests? My machine has a lamp test for all three spotlights. What software version are you on?

Also, check in the wiring diagram on the ipdb link in post #7. It should show you which wires go back to which jumper on the power driver board.

That's a bit of work and a bit of a stretch, but perhaps you're machine is just simply missing the wires???

RFM Slingshot Spotlights

Possibly. I'll go through the lamp matrix and see if any things there calling out spots/firing lights as spots to hook into. I updated to 1.5 from the 0.7 that was on it. I haven't traced the wiring diagram yet, haven't had enough time to sit and think through it properly . Thanks

Definitely has the software calls for it within the lamp matrix. Nothing fires on the tests for those lamps. Maybe I'll need to run wiring back for this. I'll ask on Pi side also if anyone's done this/had this on German delivered machines

Yeh good stuff - plenty of fun times ahead ;)

Maybe check the wiring diagram to see if those pins are connected on the Power Driver Board first? Might save you some time..?

I'm curious, Do you still have an original computer in that RFM? Or has it been changed over to pinbox or something?

Not that I can find in the loom anywhere in the vicinity

Hey, I just found this while looking around on PSPA:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/h-23022-14.html

Thought it might be what you need (cables are the wrong colour though) - Perhaps you could buy two of these and hook them up if your wiring is right?

It's looking like I may need to run wiring all the way back to the lamp matrix, I'll dig through the look again. Surprised someone hasn't done this before and publicised it.. which leads me more to that I've missed the wires somewhere potentially in the loom way away from the slings