Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Feeling left out New Pin day

Ryza

So many new pin threads!

Yesterday I noticed local getaway for a decent price.

Getaway was never on the radar but someone offered me one 6 months ago and then sold it to someone else so I had the taste for it.

Anyways. What a great find. The guy was using gumtree for the first time ever so he wasn't a dickhead. Was straight to the point and not looking to rip me off.

Good bloke @Hashman helped me grab the machine since after 3 years in pinball I still don't have my own transport.

The game had 1 switch error which took 10 seconds to fix.

The guy was NOT a pinball person BUT got it serviced every once in a while. This was his only machine . So it's almost the perfect combo.

Pretty much no ghosting in the Rpm area which was a surprise. It's been HUO since 1999

Anyways. A couple of questions.

It is on firmware L2. So yesterday we experienced the endless multiball bug about 3 times.

Which rom do people prefer.

Also the game was handing out extra balls like no tomorrow. I limited it to 1....i also think it's bit cheap that you can get gifted MB straight away and red line mania. Is there anyway in the menu to disable the possibility of that?

Thanks! 82f57a36538411cfbebae69430d3b288.jpgd38ee4b52d2c3a328d6d0d6d3007b20c.jpg

in 99.9% of cases you want to go the latest version in any machine which is L5 in this case I believe.

L-2 or L-5 are the popular versions for HS2. L-2 has run the red light, but also has the 5-minute multiballs bug. I stick with L-5 because idgaf about the Run the red light being missing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Re; running the latest roms available. We did a tidy-up on a HSII about two years ago and asked Ken about doing updated roms and it seems that later is not necessarily better as in bugs etc. I seem to remember that L-5 causes more trouble than its worth:unsure

I would suggest giving @Skybeaux a pm for a start.

Im running L-2 and haven't noticed the endless multiball that your talking about. In fact no issues at all except EB in video mode isn't seen much at all but that's got to do with percentages i think.

Im not sure what sets it off, but sometimes in L-2 when in multiball the free ride is lit for several minutes. It's happened to me once, and it's not very common, but definately possible.

ROM REVISION ........................... L1L2L5

Supercharger driver can fail when

more than 1 ball in supercharger.....................YNN

2 state flippers ...........................................NNY

Run The RED LIGHT display mode ...................YYN

Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks......YYN

Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) ....................?YN

Red light mania to normal multiball shift bug ....NNY

Multiple balls released from lock multi player)........?NY

Extra ball in video mode ....................NYY

Display Flicker in Supercharge Mode ...................YNN

Supercharger raise and enable 1-2-3..................NYY

Supercharger enabled with 3 loops ...................YNN

Standard generous free ride time ..................NYY

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks for that info tas_tig3r..

Run The RED LIGHT display mode ...................Y

This happens when you have 2 balls locked and the 3rd is ready to be locked...Basically making you aware the machine is ready for multiball.

Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks......Y

Absolutely no idea what this means. Secret mania you can trigger by seeing three cop cars at the donut shop but secret mania itself is 500,000 points per target scoring and I find actually limits scoring so never trigger secret mania. I think the feature suks actually.

Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) ...................Y

My machine has done that 3 times in 10 years and I put it down to a glitch yes but hardly an issue with how rare it has happened.

Extra ball in video mode ...................Y

This only appears to maintain the operator set EB percentage. Turn off the EB percentage and it won't ever appear in video mode.

Supercharger raise and enable 1-2-3..................Y

Never seen this happen. What mine does do is increase the super charger value by hitting the 123 targets up to 10 loops but I would regard that as normal.

Standard generous free ride time ..................Y

Mine is set to 5 seconds and that is all it ever gives.

The only time i've ever had endless multi ball on HS2 was due to a ball trough issue only counting 2 out of 3 ball drains otherwise L-2 rock solid. I've owned 2 HS2's and both with L-2 with no issues. Edited by hotty