Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

barcade named 1989 - in Newtown, Sydney- 22-24 King Street- www.1989.com.au

Hello everyone

I sold an original space invaders machine needing work to a great guy named Ben who has opened

A barcade named 1989 - in Newtown, Sydney- 22-24 King Street- http://www.1989.com.au

he's very passionate and looking to help keep machines and arcade alive.

If you can go and check it out, and support him.

As much as I wish it was, it's not a barcade. It's a cafe with some arcade machines in there. Only open until 4pm which is why I haven't managed a visit yet.

Still hoping one day Sydney will get a barcade - Melbourne has what, 3 now? And Brisbane has 1. It's really sad that the biggest city in Australia hasn't opened one yet (though the real estate and licensing fees are probably the major factor in that!).

As much as I wish it was, it's not a barcade. It's a cafe with some arcade machines in there. Only open until 4pm which is why I haven't managed a visit yet.

Still hoping one day Sydney will get a barcade - Melbourne has what, 3 now? And Brisbane has 1. It's really sad that the biggest city in Australia hasn't opened one yet (though the real estate and licensing fees are probably the major factor in that!).

Expect that to change. He's just got the liquor licence approved, and it's transforming.

(I repair most of his arcade machines before they hit the shop.. I've got that space invaders in my shed now for the full treatment!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect that to change. He's just got the liquor licence approved, and it's transforming.

(I repair most of his arcade machines before they hit the shop.. I've got that space invaders in my shed now for the full treatment!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's very exciting news! If they do open as a barcade you can count on me being there for opening night!

• 3 weeks later...