Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE (PART 11) New Zealand 8TH-11TH MARCH 2018

Time to start looking at flights and accommodation.

Will not be able to attend Wellington unfortunately as going to Ed Sheeran Concert the day before and can't get flight early enough.

Can't wait to see everyone again, and another tour of Kiwiland.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post on here to say that I'm super psyched to be making it out to NZ and Australia but the primary reason in Pincade! Looking forward to meeting and playing with everyone in March!

Not sure I’ll make Pincade this year, but can hook you up for some games when you hit Newcastle.

I have a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First post on here to say that I'm super psyched to be making it out to NZ and Australia but the primary reason in Pincade! Looking forward to meeting and playing with everyone in March!

And you can stay here in Brisbane if you come this side, whether before or after Pincade. I'll be in NZ for Pincade. :)

Yee, can you please confirm it is '.nz' twice for Paypal account

Hi Roland

Yes that address is correct. It has changed since last year but several people have paid me successfully using it.

Some people have asked me where to stay in Wellington. Of copurse there are many options but a small group of us are staying at Travelodge Wellington 2-6 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington, 6011.

It's near the city centre so it's close to many things.

We're working furiously behind the scenes to make this event world class again. A new design for clothing is being looked at and hosts are being lined up. It's not easy having a big crowd over.

Nothing else to report except prepare to have a great time! Keep those registrations coming in and please ask questions if you have any.

Cheers

Yee.

@rocky2 Danielle & I will take up the silver package , I will pay you NZ cash on arrival.

I will be dropping in & out of venues this year having Danielle with me & wanting to show her around Auckland & surrounds whilst there.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Cheers

Troy

Looking at flights and trying to do Wellington this time.

Any accommodation recommendations for late arrival in Wellington ... flights get in just before midnight.

Anyone keen to share for Wed/Thurs nights?

Pm me if keen - Tez

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Will not be able to make it over the ditch this year :(

Prior commitments have made flights difficult and there is not direct flights every day.

I will be there next year though, and looking forward to catching up with everyone then.

Post up lots of photos for me.

Looking at flights and trying to do Wellington this time.

Any accommodation recommendations for late arrival in Wellington ... flights get in just before midnight.

Anyone keen to share for Wed/Thurs nights?

Pm me if keen - Tez

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hi Terry

I can put you in touch with the local pinheads if you like. They may be able to provide a helping hand.

I've got a room booked at the Travelodge 2-6 Colmar Terrace in the city.

The Moon Bar is in Newton. Here's their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/MOonMoonMoonMoon/

I believe the pinballs will be set up earlier on in the week.

The Moon Bar is renowned for it's large selection of craft beer and has a fantastic kitchen too!

It really doesn't matter where you stay in Wellington, everything seems to be less than 25-30 minutes drive away.

Cheers

Yee.

- - - Updated - - -

Will not be able to make it over the ditch this year :(

Prior commitments have made flights difficult and there is not direct flights every day.

I will be there next year though, and looking forward to catching up with everyone then.

Post up lots of photos for me.

Hi Danny

That's too bad, hope to see you next year!

Cheers

Yee.

Google document

Hi everyone

This is the Google document that contains your info. It's what we use to print your name tags and order clothing etc. Please check it and let me know if there are any discrepancies.

It is a work in progress but at this moment it is up to date to the best of my knowledge.

Your name may appear on there if you have indicated to me that you'll be attending.

https://tinyurl.com/y7ccphak

Thanks

Yee.

Beyond excited to be making the trip for my first ever Pincade! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'll be hitting up the Gold Coast a few days in advance (and throwing a warm-up tourney with the good doctor), then have nearly a week post-Pincade in Auckland. If anyone has suggestions on places to visit or is up for going on some adventures, let me know! It's my first time to New Zealand and I know there will be heaps more to take in than I have time for.

Oh, also, if anyone is interested in some Belles & Chimes Portland merch, I'm happy to bring some along. Made an excellent Seawitch t-shirt this past season and have a variety of sizes left. :050:

Paying for Emily and myself today. Thanks Yee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, John, funds received for you and Emily. T shirts ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

I am so there! Just paid for me and a TBD +1.

Hi Esther, funds received, T shirt ordered. Can you PM me the surnames of Ben and Kalt please? Thanks, Yee.

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond excited to be making the trip for my first ever Pincade! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'll be hitting up the Gold Coast a few days in advance (and throwing a warm-up tourney with the good doctor), then have nearly a week post-Pincade in Auckland. If anyone has suggestions on places to visit or is up for going on some adventures, let me know! It's my first time to New Zealand and I know there will be heaps more to take in than I have time for.

Oh, also, if anyone is interested in some Belles & Chimes Portland merch, I'm happy to bring some along. Made an excellent Seawitch t-shirt this past season and have a variety of sizes left. :050:

Hi

Welcome to Pincade and New Zealand! Thanks for taking the long plane ride down under.

In Auckland, there's the Sky Tower to catch a panoramic view of the city. Also Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium.

Further south, there's the bubbling mud pools of Rotorua, Lake Taupo, Frying Pan Lake.

Up north are the scenic Bay of Islands with pleanty of sight seeing cruises and Hot Water beach.

Cheers

Yee.

Hi

Welcome to Pincade and New Zealand! Thanks for taking the long plane ride down under.

In Auckland, there's the Sky Tower to catch a panoramic view of the city. Also Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium.

Further south, there's the bubbling mud pools of Rotorua, Lake Taupo, Frying Pan Lake.

Up north are the scenic Bay of Islands with pleanty of sight seeing cruises and Hot Water beach.

Cheers

Yee.

Yep all those are earmarked for our North Island road trip before Pincade. Looking forward to it. We leave in a month, now where is my Kiwi passport??

@furballx and @rotordave . Do I have to call you guy's again??:D

New schedule of comps for Pincade 2018:

1: Thursday 6pm, Moon Bar, Wellington: 3 strike Comp

2: Friday from 5pm, The RD Apartment: Total Nuclear Annihilation Launch Party. Everyone gets two games to qualify for the top 16 finals.

3: Saturday from 5pm: fun Comp at Yees. No points.

4: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: System 11 World Champs. Everyone gets one game on 10 Classic Sys11 Games. Top 32 make playoffs.

5: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: Pincade Classics. Everyone gets one game on 8 Classic titles. Top 32 make playoffs.

6: Sunday, Pukekohe: Pincade Woman’s Comp. Top 8 woman from Sys11 qualifying make finals.

We will be looking for some scorers for the Sunday comps. You’ll just need a phone or an iPad and hook it up to my wifi. (Ps wifi only for the scorers). ;)

All good!

rd

Oh yeah! While I’m thinking about it, please bring your own “esky”or chilly bag to Pincade for your beer and food.

Last few events I’ve held, people just walk in and start sticking stuff in my fridge.

It doesn’t have room for my beer, let alone 90 other peoples.

And no, I don’t have any ice.

And my wifi is slow and already overloaded. ;)

But I do have 120 pinballs for you to play, and a food truck to feed you! Enjoy! :-)

rd

Oh yeah! While I’m thinking about it, please bring your own “esky”or chilly bag to Pincade for your beer and food.

Last few events I’ve held, people just walk in and start sticking stuff in my fridge.

But I do have 120 pinballs for you to play, and a food truck to feed you! Enjoy! :-)

rd

Yes Dave, thanks for message

Please Everyone respect ALL hosts property.

This event is a major privilege. Do not take anything for granted, Have some appreciation, manners and respect.

Thanks again to the NZ hosts for making Pincade so amazing !

Cheers,

Ando

Yes Dave, thanks for message

Please Everyone respect ALL hosts property.

This event is a major privilege. Do not take anything for granted, Have some appreciation, manners and respect.

Thanks again to the NZ hosts for making Pincade so amazing !

Cheers,

Ando

+1 Ando mate, well said.

I may add that now that there are women and kids are involved "F's" & "C's" are less tolerated. Even when playing a drain monster.

I may add that now that there are women and kids are involved "F's" & "C's" are less tolerated. Even when playing a drain monster.

I can try, but no promises.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

Cheers

Yee.

Thanks for all of the recommendations, Yee! Really appreciate everything you and the other hosts do in putting this together.

Counting down the days!

- - - Updated - - -

We will be looking for some scorers for the Sunday comps.

Happy to help out, whatever you need.

rd

It took me two visits to learn this hard lesson. I'm finally going to buy an esky while I'm over there - I'm not drinking warm beer three years in a row!

Completely unrelated - I'll be giving away the prize of a free esky on Sunday night. All entrants welcome.