Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

KIWI PINCADE (PART 11) New Zealand 8TH-11TH MARCH 2018

The best thing to use is a “chiller bag” like you use at the supermarket.

Everyone probably already has one in their house ... just roll it up and bring it along! :)

For added chill, get some of those blue freezable plastic things, freeze em up in your hotel the day before.

Too easy!

$3.99 If you don’t already own one.

https://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/ProductDetails?stockcode=698252

rd

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rotordave I don't think you understand just how much beer @Mar needs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Love the tag, just to make sure he notices. On a side note, unless there is an act of God (no not you Tim) I will not be able to make it over this year. Think this will be the 1st time in 5 years? that I would not be going to NZ in march.

• Administrators
@rotordave I don't think you understand just how much beer @Mar needs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

It's an exact science man. Insufficient beer and there are shakes and jitters, an excess of beer and there is a dribbling mess, just enough beer and we can all sit back and watch the magic.......but you understand this as well as anyone else Tim :)

Gotta watch out for those one or two beers just before the tipping point. If I wrote a paper on it they would probably award me an honorary doctorate!

Dave

Tim knows me well. I was going to not say anything to Dave and be polite, but yeah, the beer I need isn’t fitting in a bag!

Those big bags will fit like 20 cans ... surely that’s enough for each house?

If not ... maybe you better talk to someone about it :lol

rd

Sorry but Pinball Raffle cancelled.

Hi everyone

Due to a lack of interest, I am cancelling the pinball (Judge Dredd) raffle. As of today, only one person has bought tickets so he will get a full refund.

We raffled off a Fish Tales last year but only just sold the last tickets prior to the draw but I can't see it happening this year. I would have felt compelled to draw this raffle if I sold less than 100 tickets so I would anticipate a loss.

Anyway, you can still play the game at my place on Saturday night.

Cheers

Yee.

- - - Updated - - -

Paid $60 for a silver package using Paypal but being still half asleep I didn't add a message. Remembered it after I clicked send :redface

Got it, thanks, Rob.

New schedule of comps for Pincade 2018:

1: Thursday 6pm, Moon Bar, Wellington: 3 strike Comp

2: Friday from 5pm, The RD Apartment: Total Nuclear Annihilation Launch Party. Everyone gets two games to qualify for the top 16 finals.

3: Saturday from 5pm: fun Comp at Yees. No points.

4: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: System 11 World Champs. Everyone gets one game on 10 Classic Sys11 Games. Top 32 make playoffs.

5: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: Pincade Classics. Everyone gets one game on 8 Classic titles. Top 32 make playoffs.

6: Sunday, Pukekohe: Pincade Woman’s Comp. Top 8 woman from Sys11 qualifying make finals.

We will be looking for some scorers for the Sunday comps. You’ll just need a phone or an iPad and hook it up to my wifi. (Ps wifi only for the scorers). ;)

All good!

rd

Always happy to score. Have done it for many years at Pincade.

Just really enjoy being involved (and away from work which is a rare occurrence). Cheers.

Always happy to score. Have done it for many years at Pincade.

Just really enjoy being involved (and away from work which is a rare occurrence). Cheers.

Looks great!

Look'n forward to it!

Is that the full Pincade schedule, or just the comps?

Is there anything else scheduled for the Saturday at Auckland before Yee's?

Looks great!

Look'n forward to it!

New schedule of comps for Pincade 2018:

1: Thursday 6pm, Moon Bar, Wellington: 3 strike Comp

2: Friday from 5pm, The RD Apartment: Total Nuclear Annihilation Launch Party. Everyone gets two games to qualify for the top 16 finals.

3: Saturday from 5pm: fun Comp at Yees. No points.

4: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: System 11 World Champs. Everyone gets one game on 10 Classic Sys11 Games. Top 32 make playoffs.

5: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: Pincade Classics. Everyone gets one game on 8 Classic titles. Top 32 make playoffs.

6: Sunday, Pukekohe: Pincade Woman’s Comp. Top 8 woman from Sys11 qualifying make finals.

We will be looking for some scorers for the Sunday comps. You’ll just need a phone or an iPad and hook it up to my wifi. (Ps wifi only for the scorers).

All good!

rd

Even though I won’t make it this year, could I order this years shirt.

Thank Yee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, no problem. Just let me know your size. It may pay to wait until I get the artwork sorted out first because the T shirt and polo shirt will have different designs.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great!

Look'n forward to it!

There will be a full Pincade schedule but it hasn't been finalized yet due to venues. The comp schedule is set in stone due to IFPA rules. I'll release the schedule as soon as I know but the addresses will only be sent to confirmed paid up attendees.

Sure, no problem. Just let me know your size. It may pay to wait until I get the artwork sorted out first because the T shirt and polo shirt will have different designs.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be a full Pincade schedule but it hasn't been finalized yet due to venues. The comp schedule is set in stone due to IFPA rules. I'll release the schedule as soon as I know but the addresses will only be sent to confirmed paid up attendees.

Hey guys. For those coming to Wellington and on an EARLY schedule, I'd like to float the idea of having lunch at Seashore Cabaret in Petone. It's a wee way out of the city, (16 kms from Moon bar - but easy to do with off-peak traffic)

It overlooks the harbour and has great food and atmosphere. Worth a visit. We are not planning to put in any extra games in to that location but they have 5 pinballs there permanently. 1 is mine, 2 are Danny's and 2 are owned by the cafe. A mix of new and old but all electronic pins currently.

Here's the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Seashore-Cabaret-169166036779680/

For your / our consideration.

I guess the issues are transport and timing, and whether we (the Welly guys) are still tweaking games at Moon. We are putting them in on Weds so hopefully should all run smoothly - ya never know!

I think Moon in Newtown is planning to open at 2pm Thurs so can go there early if you prefer....

SIMON

Willie's gamesroom

Hi everyone

Willie used to live close to me in Lynfield and had one of the best gamesroom around. Those of you who have been there will testify to that.

Anyway, Willie has moved up to Warkworth now about a 45 minute drive away. Don't despair, he is still hosting but he wants people to know that while he has a bigger gamesroom, he won't have it as intimately set up as he did in Lynfield. He now has a separate room for his juke boxes including some flash old ones which play 78s. I think he said he had a juke box from each decade.

He'll still have his pristine collection of pinballs and quite a bit of his movie memorabilia on show but it won't be 100% complete. He just wanted people to know that.

Cheers

Yee.