Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rock ola model 436

the picker

Question

I just purchased a rock ola model 436 and when I plug it in and the turntable turns but all I here is the gears turning like it is trying to keep the record down in its slot.It will not take a record out of a slot and put it on the turntable or will the needle move .

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Hard to say, the gear box could be gummed up with old grease. I think the overload would trip if this was the case. Start at the begining, pull the mech out , clean the gearbox, shellite works well, then see whats moving and what not. Regrease the gearbox first.

There are a few places that sell manuals, Ebay or such as this: https://www.jukeboxmanuals.com/rock-ola.html

I have a 452 which uses similar mechanism. From memory (years ago) I had trouble with a pawl jamming in a track changing from A to B selection. I will look it up tomorrow. Not saying this is the problem, more likely to be a general service.

What is the shellite and what type of grease should I use has this is all new to me thanks.

I think i used lithium grease but im not sure as it was ages ago. If you do strip it down, take lots of photos, they will help with the rebuild

You will have to purchase a service manual. I don't have the time or inclination to scan 85 pages when they are readily available. I bought mine locally .When the mechanism is out on the bench, it's just a step by step operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade