Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Head 2 Head #6 Tassie Meet Sat 11th Nov 2017 - Mainlanders get 3 day VIP pass :)

The annual Tassie Head 2 Head Pinball and Arcade gaming meet is here again :cool:

Most of the updates and discussion for this meet happen on the FaceBook event page, send me a PM if you want to be added to the event or if you would like to attend. The meet is capped at 30 people to keep it comfortable and fun, last year this cap was reached in record time so get in early or miss out.

http://i.imgur.com/eZeywaHl.jpg

There will be a few new pinballs that have not been at the H2H before including my Centaur II that has just arrived WoooHoo :) last year we ended up with about 10 pinballs thanks to generous contributors, it was hard to keep track of them turning up.

http://i.imgur.com/JQCyj8Ah.jpg

Important Details...... (cutNpaste from last year)

Venue Our house in Launceston (Trevallyn) - If you don't know the address send me a PM and I will send it in Google Maps.

Start time 2pm for general gaming. Comps start at 5pm sharp, please try to arrive by 4pm to register in the Head 2 Head comp which is one of the highlights.

Cost = $15 per head to be paid at the door this will go towards pizza, prizes , Trophies and other costs.

(Kids $5)

Grog = BYO

Partners are welcome, some women that attend are great gamers and some turn up for the social time, it's not a "boys night" as these meets can sometimes be. Kids are also welcome, but only till 8pm when they will need to go to your prearranged babysitter if you intend to say on.

Fancy dress is strongly encouraged, last time those who dressed up obviously had more fun than those who didn't :jester: Dress theme is open, but extra points awarded for gaming related costumes and general nerdyness :D

Plenty of room for people to stay the night here, just bring a sleeping bag we can provide a couch or mattress. (Let me know if you are intending to stay) I will pick up mainlanders from the airport if flights fit with my schedule.

Please help me to spread the word to all members who attended last time and to the other Tassie members who missed out due to prior commitments.

Mainlanders will receive VIP treatment including accommodation here from Friday until Sunday and airport pick up and drop off, let me know of your intentions and book early for cheap flights, a weekend here playing games could easily be cheaper than taking your partner out for dinner at the pub, and more fun ;)

Will YOU be on the podium this year?

Edited by Rat

Now only 10 spots left for H2H participants :)

The list of prizes I have purchased for the event has grown and there are some great pins coming from contributors that have not been at H2H before.

Once again welcome to Homepin as a sponsor, we can expect another swag of @Homepin goodies to give away as prizes in the presentations, thanks Mike :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/IcMjOlG.jpg

• 1 month later...

Big thanks to Homepin for the box of merch to hand out at the meet 1f603.png

Other prizes I have ordered are turning up with a couple more to come. Also I have designed and ordered the trophies which once assembled should look great, I hope I get to keep one myself 1f642.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Preparations for the H2H are going well and it's looking like there will be a good crowd of participants and plenty of pinballs to play.

Pinballs attending

Pin_Bot (Rat)

Flintstones (Rat)

Medieval Madness Remake (Rat)

Centaur II (Rat)

Meteor (Frank)

Eight Ball (Frank)

Solar Fire (Justin)

Odds and Evens - Bally (Justin)

Tommy (Darren)

Demolition Man (Tony)

Roadshow (Tony's mate)

Bobby Orr's Power Play - Bally (Alan - pending transport)

There will be the usual teams arcade games event and pinball comp and an additional challenge to encourage more play on the arcade games throughout the meet until the Trophy presentations. The Arcade Game Challenge will both reward good players for high scores and give new and casual gamers a chance at prizes also.

Play for tickets that will be put in a hat and drawn out at random for awesome prizes :023: take a phone pic of your score and name to claim your ticket at the count up. Earn as many tickets as you like, but if someone is waiting behind you for a game then let them play as soon as you finish your game.

Play any arcade game and put your name up in the score table even at 10th or last place and get one ticket

Get the top score on any game and get two tickets

Get the top score on any game in the "Most Played" list on either Astro City cab and get three tickets.

Got to be in it to win it :cool:

Please read the first post important info again so you get here on time and prepared, fridge space is very limited so if you are bringing more than a couple of drinks then bring them in a cooler bag or esky.

Looking forward to some games meet fun :D

Massive thanks to everyone who came along and contributed to the success of yet another Head 2 Head pinball and arcade gaming meet.

I'm sure everyone appreciates that people contribute pinballs to this event but some would be unaware of the effort required to restore, maintain and move these games in and back out.

The event could not happen without the work these people put in and they deserve big kudos 1f642.png

Some highlights included......

A fine effort was put in by most participants singing the Banana Splits theme for our team bonding warm up. We sounded great and as there is no recording it can't be disputed.

Some most excellent and amusing skills were demonstrated in the "Hip Out - Hulu Hoop Hoot" competition.

There was a great effort put in doing running repairs on some games with some makeshift fixes and only one game that sadly needed to be turned off. We have been lucky in the past and game failure has been rare.

Big thanks to all who helped troubleshoot and repair the drawbridge on MMR. Great job with the glue Frank, I was glad to see the game made it through the comp. Crap design for that cog and shaft, I will look into that further.

Congrats to Big Red Bird (Batman) for his well earned win of the most awesome participant prize of a SNES mini console and he also cleaned up in the Arcade gaming challenge. Churgs (Flash) came a very close second and was also a very enthusiastic participant.

Teams Event won by

Dkong and Adam

2nd

Garry H and Michael

3rd

Frank and Tony C

Pinball comp

1st Rat

2nd Tye

3rd Garry HBig thanks to Tony C for his help getting the scores tallied up. Sorry it took us soooooooo long, we will endeavour to go fully digital next year. Anyone want to put their hand up for full time data entry supervisor?

My blurry pics at this link, feel free to post more if you have them. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TxA2wsD2dZxdZ4q22

@Homepin might notice in the pics that one of the Thunderbirds attended ;)

Thanks @Rat and Mrs Rat for another great night.

It was good to leave the Batcave and check out the Ratcave.

Rat and bigredbird

1029783413_Ratandbrb.thumb.jpg.6187b1d192e91ba23d53e691ee6a9b9f.jpg

We turned up fairly early and were amongst the last to leave.

I was determined to put my name on the top of as many of Rat's scoreboards as possible as spent the afternoon and evening plugging away at his very nice Astro City cabs. I waited until the arcade comp was over and then moved over to the nice selection of pinballs.

churgs appears to have stretched his super suit

259159599_ratgames1.thumb.JPG.ec82ad98764038870eeaab6ea6424c95.JPG

One of my highlights of the night was when (I think a fairly well lubricated) @DKong gathered a few spectators behind me when I was playing Donkey Kong and created a cheer squad as I made my way through Donkey Kong. There were roars of encouragement as I dodged barrels and springs and they loudly shared my disappointment when a rogue fireball finished me off.

I must ask Rat to explain to Mrs. Rat that it really wasn't me that created the wall of eskys that blocked the toilet door. I mean, really, how could I create that when I was in the toilet?

I think a clue for her should be that @churgs was the first on the scene to witness me trying to get out.

I didn't do this Mrs Rat.

1290087380_Ratesky.thumb.jpg.e38150cc07f7a458079c163d81150c53.jpg

Churgs was a little confused before the night began and wore a combination of costumes. He had an Iron Man suit with a Flash mask. I was not sure if he was Flash Man or Iron Flash but after remembering his behaviour on a recent holiday I am going to say Flash Man.

churgs and bigredbird

123059995_brbandchurgs.thumb.jpg.5fbaaaf451f20d66c7b5f919ede378f9.jpg

I was very happy with my prizes and look forward to the next meet.

The booty

1080180778_Ratprizes.thumb.JPG.b93d44ec123779d4fbd47aeb1e40d90c.JPG

Thanks again to Rat and Mrs Rat.

Great post and pics thanks BRB :)

I think Flash/Churgs busted out of his suit doing the Hula Hoop challenge he was going so fast I only caught a blur of him in my phone picture.

Someone must have thought they were playing Pengo blocking your exit with Ice Boxes ;)

That is a much safer game than the dare devils trying to play Wonder Boy on the skateboard in the garage, I could hear them while I was busy counting up the scores upstairs and was about to come down and remind them they were on their last lives but then I heard Mrs Rat had the situation in hand :D and also put put a dampener on any ET bmx re-enactments before they started.

Overall everyone behaved themselves and had fun in a respectful and relaxed manner :)

Thanks @Rat and Mrs Rat for another great night.

It was good to leave the Batcave and check out the Ratcave.

Rat and bigredbird

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119407[/ATTACH]

We turned up fairly early and were amongst the last to leave.

I was determined to put my name on the top of as many of Rat's scoreboards as possible as spent the afternoon and evening plugging away at his very nice Astro City cabs. I waited until the arcade comp was over and then moved over to the nice selection of pinballs.

churgs appears to have stretched his super suit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119403[/ATTACH]

One of my highlights of the night was when (I think a fairly well lubricated) @DKong gathered a few spectators behind me when I was playing Donkey Kong and created a cheer squad as I made my way through Donkey Kong. There were roars of encouragement as I dodged barrels and springs and they loudly shared my disappointment when a rogue fireball finished me off.

I must ask Rat to explain to Mrs. Rat that it really wasn't me that created the wall of eskys that blocked the toilet door. I mean, really, how could I create that when I was in the toilet?

I think a clue for her should be that @churgs was the first on the scene to witness me trying to get out.

I didn't do this Mrs Rat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119405[/ATTACH]

Churgs was a little confused before the night began and wore a combination of costumes. He had an Iron Man suit with a Flash mask. I was not sure if he was Flash Man or Iron Flash but after remembering his behaviour on a recent holiday I am going to say Flash Man.

churgs and bigredbird

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119408[/ATTACH]

I was very happy with my prizes and look forward to the next meet.

The booty

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119406[/ATTACH]

Thanks again to Rat and Mrs Rat.

Looks like you had a ball