Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES

So after the NES mini was discontinued it seems we will see the SNES mini by this holiday season. I hadn't picked up the NES as it didn't appeal to me too much but I will definitely be pre-ordering a mini SNES. Super Nintendo was my favourite console growing up and I'm hoping to see Yoshi's Island and Diddy's Kong Quest on the lineup.

Biased opinion but I like the super famicom/PAL a lot better than the NTSC design so hopefully it comes region specific or only as the PAL shell.

Sources: Nintendo to launch SNES mini this year

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Regarding the nes mini, it's just a Linux based emulator with ridiculously short controller cables, input lag and a mere 30 games. Granted it would be a cool novelty item it was in such short supply that scalpers ruined it for everyone.

If a snes version does materialise, it will just be the same hardware as the nes version with added snes emulation software. So in essence you're buying the exact same thing again for another $100 with updated software in a different plastic shell.

Why not spend less on a Raspberry Pi with infinite controller options, built in wifi and bluetooth, hdmi/composite/rgb video output, any emulator you wish with as many games as your heart desires?

• Administrators
So after the NES mini was discontinued it seems we will see the SNES mini by this holiday season. I hadn't picked up the NES as it didn't appeal to me too much but I will definitely be pre-ordering a mini SNES. Super Nintendo was my favourite console growing up and I'm hoping to see Yoshi's Island and Diddy's Kong Quest on the lineup.

Biased opinion but I like the super famicom/PAL a lot better than the NTSC design so hopefully it comes region specific or only as the PAL shell.

Sources: Nintendo to launch SNES mini this year

The NTSC version was bland and ugly and looks like a lego brick, I'm glad we got rounded more colourful Euro version.

I hope you get one, I fear the scalpers will be straight on it.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Regarding the nes mini, it's just a Linux based emulator with ridiculously short controller cables, input lag and a mere 30 games. Granted it would be a cool novelty item it was in such short supply that scalpers ruined it for everyone.

If a snes version does materialise, it will just be the same hardware as the nes version with added snes emulation software. So in essence you're buying the exact same thing again for another $100 with updated software in a different plastic shell.

Why not spend less on a Raspberry Pi with infinite controller options, built in wifi and bluetooth, hdmi/composite/rgb video output, any emulator you wish with as many games as your heart desires?

I do have a few pi setups with countless systems and thousands of games. It's not really a purchase just to play the games but it would be nice to have an official mini SNES. I get bored of the "thousands of games" systems as I can't choose what to play, my mame/hyperspin cab is hardly touched while I play my dedcated games constantly.

Reading about the mini NES today I did see the problems about the controllers etc so hopefully they can sort that stuff out. Would be nice if they had the original controller ports.

I was a Sega kid but I still have nostalgia for the NES/SNES as consoles I played at friends houses. Will definitely have my JB-Hifi source hold one of these for me.

Not sure what specific titles I'd want on it - as said, Sega kid. SM:All Stars would be nice. Stand alone SMWorld is probably certain. If any RPGs are going on there I'd love any of the following; Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Secret of Mana. I'd also like Metal Warriors but I have no idea how mainstream that was.

I've enjoyed the NES mini so far. Get to play some of the old games I played very little of or not at all back then more 'authentically'. I still don't own an actual NES yet.

Also; **** Scalpers.

strange that with so much "interest" that they only sold it for like a week. It was almost impossible for me to get one :( (anyone know where to get a nes classic anymore?)

It will be terrible if they do the snes with such a small run, as it will just be scalpers selling it for $300

• 1 month later...

SNES classic mini just announced: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/games/nintendo-announces-mini-super-nintendo-console-with-stellar-lineup-of-classic-games-20170626-gwz3oo.html

I've pre ordered this time so I don't have to run around to stores looking for one. Hopefully they produce a heck of a lot more than the nes mini!

Pretty good lineup of games. And longer controller cables too.

Original controller ports and a cart slot would persuade me to grab one!

Unfortunately the front ports flip down and have same ports as the nes mini behind them :(

Nintendo would make some real money if they bought out the whole snes library in small carts and original box art to match original games.

I preordered today as well

Made the mistake of thinking they would continue to make the Nes and I'd be able to get one after the Christmas rush. [emoji20]

Not taking the chance this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I like about the look of this one compared to the miniNES is that it doesn't have those ugly connection ports showing. I'd like to get these just to use as display items as I'm an emulator player with the original controllers anyway. I might have to try make my own miniNES shell one day so it will look more like the original, unless people get sick of their MiniNES and start selling them cheap. $119 is a bit steep for me though, so I'll have to think about it.

I noticed that JB Hifi had a 1 per customer limit. That has to be a good thing.

The scalping shitbags will still still get their hands on multiples and sell them online. The largest Facebook game trading group has said they will insta-ban anyone who tries to scalp them for over the RRP. The NES Mini was a masterclass in people being douchebags. The SNES mini will be just as bad, maybe even worse, as now people have seen what happened with the NES mini, there will be more people trying to profit.

• Administrators
The scalping shitbags will still still get their hands on multiples and sell them online. The largest Facebook game trading group has said they will insta-ban anyone who tries to scalp them for over the RRP. The NES Mini was a masterclass in people being douchebags. The SNES mini will be just as bad, maybe even worse, as now people have seen what happened with the NES mini, there will be more people trying to profit.

Oh there's no doubt about it but at least to JB's credit they are being proactive about it. Scalpers are a festering scab on this hobby :realmad:

I wasn't planning to buy one myself because I know it would get plugged in once with the usual "That's nice" and get shoved in the "Pile O Crap".

Wish they sold the shells separately.

You mean like this one

_20170629_082235.thumb.JPG.59ba16c6c47f3b3f6b8c677d03659c11.JPG

Can't believe it, apparently sold like 31 of them, I really hope no one pays this kinda money.