Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ghostbusters Mods

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need now is a smoke machine mate and your machines will be maxed out on the mods , hang I reckon color dmds are the next mod for you , go on you know you want too

No colour DMD because you can imagine how many other smaller mods I can get for $600! Smoke machine could be ok but would make it hard to see the PF, so no good. The kids would bloody love it!

No colour DMD because you can imagine how many other smaller mods I can get for $600! Smoke machine could be ok but would make it hard to see the PF, so no good. The kids would bloody love it!

I'd been thinking about how this could actually be implemented on my hobbit and what the long term effects of the smoke might be (residue etc).

I saw a cheap smoke machine at dj city. Add a small flexible pipe to smaug and a trigger to activate the remote ... boom smoke on the playfield.

Attended Toyworld in Ringwood today and found a 15cm Peter Venkman (Bill Murray) figurine with a pretty good likeliness. On special at $14.99 too!

Mounting it was a bit tricky but worked out well after I took to his left boot with a hacksaw blade, some glue and a thin washer. Due to it's height, the are not too many locations on the PF to mount him, but this spot was good I reckon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117654[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117658[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117659[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117662[/ATTACH]

They came out as a big w exclusive a while back for $25 each

They sold out instantly as whole sets

I'd been thinking about how this could actually be implemented on my hobbit and what the long term effects of the smoke might be (residue etc).

I saw a cheap smoke machine at dj city. Add a small flexible pipe to smaug and a trigger to activate the remote ... boom smoke on the playfield.

Yes DJ City is great for things like that. There is a DJ City within walking distance from me and I was in there last week buying some cheap disco lights of the kids. I actually saw the smoke machine too. I reckon it's a goer on The Hobbit! You may need a small fan to blow and clear the smoke though, so you can actually play the game. Ah, but I like it................

Probably not so great. The stuff that's used for theatre smoke machines is the same as what is used for e-cigarettes (propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin). It's water vapour with flavourings an nicotine. As an e-cigarette user, I know that the stuff leaves a milky film over time on the inside of the windscreen in my car. I don't know whether that comes from the flavourings and/or nicotine; it's possible that, without those, it won't leave any residue behind. You'd have to try and be prepared to occasionally wipe down the inside of the glass and all the other surfaces.

Michi.

Probably not so great. The stuff that's used for theatre smoke machines is the same as what is used for e-cigarettes (propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin). It's water vapour with flavourings an nicotine. As an e-cigarette user, I know that the stuff leaves a milky film over time on the inside of the windscreen in my car. I don't know whether that comes from the flavourings and/or nicotine; it's possible that, without those, it won't leave any residue behind. You'd have to try and be prepared to occasionally wipe down the inside of the glass and all the other surfaces.

Michi.

Interesting. Will not be going near that shit then. I have breathed enough vapour from smoke machines when I was younger attending nightclubs every weekend. No more for me.

Interesting. Will not be going near that shit then. I have breathed enough vapour from smoke machines when I was younger attending nightclubs every weekend. No more for me.

Latest research suggests that e-cigarettes are at least twenty times less harmful than cigarette smoke. That's not to say that vaping all day long is harmless; believing that would be naive. It has to have some effect, even if it's not particularly pronounced.

I seriously doubt though that using a smoke machine as a pinball effect would cause any health problems. You'd need only a tiny amount of vapour, you wouldn't be doing it often and, within a few seconds, the stuff gets diluted into insignificance into cubic meters of air, that is, to concentrations that are thousands of times lower than what goes into a vaper's lungs.

Michi.

Latest research suggests that e-cigarettes are at least twenty times less harmful than cigarette smoke. That's not to say that vaping all day long is harmless; believing that would be naive. It has to have some effect, even if it's not particularly pronounced.

I seriously doubt though that using a smoke machine as a pinball effect would cause any health problems. You'd need only a tiny amount of vapour, you wouldn't be doing it often and, within a few seconds, the stuff gets diluted into insignificance into cubic meters of air, that is, to concentrations that are thousands of times lower than what goes into a vaper's lungs.

Michi.

Yes true, but inside a pinball machine's playfield? Now that would be taking things to the next step. Just to even work out a way this could be achieved would be a task in itself. Using the correct amount of smoke, then disapating the smoke from an enclosed area like a playfield? I think I am thinking too much about it this late at night............. @Koops, why did you put this into my head?

• 2 weeks later...

A big thanks to @AlexMc for putting me onto this mod - the proton pack. I used a different location over the end of the ramp as it doesn't block or cover any lights or other game areas. Had to make a small metal bracket that was cut down from a used TFTC cliffy protector but came up well with the supplied stickers it also came with.

PP1.JPG.4ac77a322fa1e9c3369ec8ba1bd1d79f.JPGPP2.JPG.f8c73734069eb4dae2e3350873d962f4.JPGPP3.JPG.c29f0bccc06206e7b471c8d073f6cf00.JPGPP4.JPG.203748dd13f1574f2251bb8e8074f49c.JPGPP5.JPG.9d2db80fd9533563feca1435a9ae0dcc.JPG

• 4 months later...
Looks awesome, do any stern games use longer flipper bats or are the bats on GB like the FT etc lightening flipper bats / shorter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Just measured the flipper bats on my 3 x Sterns as best I could:

TWD - 73mm

GB - 72mm

GOTG - 73mm

I reckon they are just shorter for whatever reason.

I reckon I might. At least that way it may help my scores!

I'll show you how to play it. Leave it as is and you'll appreciate the setup once you know how to gain some control over the game. You can never feel comfortable with this game but that's what I like about it

I'll show you how to play it. Leave it as is and you'll appreciate the setup once you know how to gain some control over the game. You can never feel comfortable with this game but that's what I like about it

Deal. Next time you are up this way and if you have time, make sure you call in to show me. Have cold beer in fridge and good coffee machine Rob.

• 3 weeks later...
A big thanks to @AlexMc for putting me onto this mod - the proton pack. I used a different location over the end of the ramp as it doesn't block or cover any lights or other game areas. Had to make a small metal bracket that was cut down from a used TFTC cliffy protector but came up well with the supplied stickers it also came with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]118531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]118532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]118533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]118534[/ATTACH]

Where did you buy the proton pack from? Looks so good!