Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ghostbusters Mods

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I have been reading it with great interest.

Ghostbusters is such a bloody challenging and often brutal game. But when 'on a roll' and 'in the zone', such a rewarding game to play also. I think my favourite mods were the ECTO1 car, the green scoop lights, the green captive balls and the green LED trough light that lights up the flipper area. A really must have is the anti-airball protector. I also like my library upgrade too.

I'm really thinking about taming the bright white flashers all over the pf. I find you can only play gb well if your games room is lit up or during the day. A totally dark games room and collect extra ball and prepare yourself to go blind. Same with loopin loopers. Too many times I lose the ball simply because of the flashers. So maybe a mod to put green gels over the leds my be in order???

I'm really thinking about taming the bright white flashers all over the pf. I find you can only play gb well if your games room is lit up or during the day. A totally dark games room and collect extra ball and prepare yourself to go blind. Same with loopin loopers. Too many times I lose the ball simply because of the flashers. So maybe a mod to put green gels over the leds my be in order???

Yes completely agree. It's damn blinding and for this reason, I play with lights dimmed but never in dark. Maybe I will look at Babak's option to use the green flashers. Will look at it today.

Maybe we are just too old to play this title Rob! Our eyes were not what they were.

To be honest haven't really looked hard underneath a gb. Are the flashers bayonet ones or mounted on pcbs

Just played a few games just now, and there are 4 x bright 'eye dazzling' strobing flashers:

1) the lightening bolt shape insert under slimer (appears to be surface mounted LED's)

2) the small dome directly behind the left scoop (cannot see a bayonet underneath so assume LED's as above - on a PCB)

3) the double round 'ghost trap' small domes on the back board at the rear of the playfield (assuming it's the same LED's as the dome behind the scoop)

Admittedly I didn't lift up the PF as I couldn't be stuffed as kids driving me mad tonight and stalking me.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_9083.thumb.jpg.807c0dc6f468302b23c226de86f89a3c.jpgIMG_9085.thumb.jpg.64816d75face4f5af722863b600bb8a8.jpgIMG_9084.thumb.JPG.1bf8a735cf0badb12667498f81dae7b5.JPG

• 7 months later...

Thanks to @pinball god for the idea, I added a trough protector to my games. Didn't even think the PF was getting damaged from balls rolling off it into the trough, as it's not an area I look at too often. Well fixed this issue.

Removed the apron and loosened the ball trough just enough to slide the cliffy in.

IMG_1325.thumb.jpg.1c484779244442ef64f0b8dd9a635736.jpgIMG_1326.thumb.jpg.97edc953f4069fded0668ed28f45e4a4.jpgIMG_1327.thumb.jpg.d9bd4fd3a5287c1459d5ebc6083bc18c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Due to the absolutely brutal centre drains, and my non-pinball family and friends just getting pissed off playing this title, I advertised it for sale. As expected, no interest, so I went looking for options to make the game easier for my skill level and that of my family and non pinheads. I increased ball save times and lowered the rear legs a touch. I looked into the GB Upgrade Kit that has the 'floating' centre post, but didn't want that large plastic surround at the bottom of the playfield, even though it doesn't look too bad. I decided on larger white flipper bats from the 73mm standard Stern ones to the 77mm old Bally Midway (carrot style) flipper bats that I used to see on system 11 pins. Made such a huge difference to gameplay as flipper gap reduced to 60mm including flipper rubbers. Still bigger flipper gap that TWD (55mm) and MM (50mm), and they look quite good now and sort of suit the GB theme. I know there are flipper decals that I can buy or even make up if I choose to later.

It's a keeper now and I am very happy. So if any GB owners wish to make their game a little easier for only $15, this is a top option.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150013[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150014[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150015[/ATTACH]

1281984443_FB1.thumb.jpg.455a95e70b7324c0da66635346c8c762.jpg

26694328_FB2.thumb.jpg.050d57b8ad2381a2bb8d94279357ac64.jpg

1089872234_FB3.thumb.jpg.b119cf1fa685c0abe0c1d55f573325d0.jpg

1701243931_FB4.thumb.jpg.03e55902f4721ef3d9b62256ca372bdd.jpg

Great idea with the flipper bats, may make this a little bit easier to play now

Yes, I have managed to squeeze in a few games between monitoring the kids belting each other up! It is awesome to play. Got storage facility multi-ball and mass hysteria on the first game with the new bats. It's like a different machine, only better.

Yes, I have managed to squeeze in a few games between monitoring the kids belting each other up! It is awesome to play. Got storage facility multi-ball and mass hysteria on the first game with the new bats. It's like a different machine, only better.

I played one on site and walked away as it was drain to quick

I played one on site and walked away as it was drain to quick

Yep, that's the issue and know exactly what you mean. Mine now plays the way it should've from the start. At least my boy now enjoys playing it as his balls don't drain after 5 secs.

IMG_4478.thumb.jpg.63cb6e69d1ece281269d6e488d8fd4b4.jpg

I did this to mine a fair while ago (haven't gone back to stock)

IMG_3675.thumb.jpg.c9497e089192203e3161ce5fe32786af.jpg

Simple non-permanent cost effective choice .

I tried Purple then green bands but could see clearer with the white.

looked a bit tacky at first but now like all the results

I did this to mine a fair while ago (haven't gone back to stock)

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150053

Simple non-permanent cost effective choice .

I tried Purple then green bands but could see clearer with the white.

looked a bit tacky at first but now like all the results

You nailed it. 'Simple, non-permanent, cost-effective choice!"

I think there are quite a number of GB owners that have done it too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/larger-flippers-for-ghost-busters

Like the painted bats, looks great. I have seen flipper decals that look the same/similar.