Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

touch screen Pi jukebox software

hi ppl

i have built a lowboy arcade machine and have decided to also have a jukebox in the one machine,

just wanting to know if any one has had anything to do with the raspberry and jukebox software, it has the pi touch screen installed.

it is running volumio at the moment but i'm not impressed with the features.

cheers

• Administrators

Never heard of Volumio before. However hitting their site and searching in vain for screenshots always leaves a bad taste. If you can't or won't share what your product looks like I think you have issues.

Looking at how it's used I would suspect performance would be an issue. Entirely dependent on your network AND/OR internet connection and the UI from older screenshots does not really present as a "jukebox". It's a network media player. I'd be looking for something else.

Edit: Looks to me like they're more interested in selling their custom Pi hardware products then anything else.

Brad

Both look interesting wiil have to try them this weekend.

Will update on outcome.

Scribed.

I have a Juke using an old PC with an old supermarket 12" touchscreen running AlbumPlayer that I'd be interested in migrating to use a Raspberry PI. It's the software that has stopped me (happy with AlbumPlayer) so interested in your findings.

oh, ive been checking in on progress with the convergience .py script for a while, but never actually tried it.

just got a reply from the dev on the fruitbox project, he says;

Yes - I'll release the software soon and there should be some notes included about how I made my jukebox

so hopefully will get his code/tutorial soon...

D.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
What about jukebox software but for music video clips ? Or ideally software that will do audio where you have mp3's and video for all your video clips.

Anyone seen anything do both well?

Hi

fruitbox can play music videos (ogv format) as well as MP3s, and handles a mixture of the two fine.

Cheers,

Mike (fruitbox author)