Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Playchoice 10 pcb

Godzilla

Question

Hi everyone,

I bought a single monitor Playchoice 10 a few months ago, and since I've had it, the sound hasn't worked.

I was checking it out today, and all the connections seem to be fine. The speaker is connected to the board on the monitor, where I assume the amp is located.

Is there a way I can figure out where the problem lies? I have turned the volume that doesn't work ether..

Cheers guys

f1dff03fa840397f67fdd73972138087.jpgd04f2344e8def246f460c62f72bfad34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got a external amp to work guys just a quick update...

I wanna thank all you guys for trying to help and also Aazy 8383 for all the help with parts and advice thanks man your the best[emoji106]

A call out to anyone comes across in the future an Nintendo AV-01 Combined Sound Amp/Video Inverter I'll be happy to buy one.

I'm sure parts are becoming harder to find theses days.

19453009351de4dfd401d3e409bcb6b1.jpg

Nice job!

Where did you pick up the audio signal to use for amplifying?

I follow your idea of keeping things in original configuration and I did some digging. The AV-01 is a very simple board only basic components. The amp is a MB3730 which you can still buy online. But I think even yours is still alive, they are hard to destroy. Can you check the voltages on the P3. I now know for sure what you need there.

1 is +5V for the video section, but this has to be ok because the video is fine.

2 is +12v for the audio section. check if this is present.

3 is video ground

4 is Audio ground

If the voltage is above 12v the problem is elsewhere.

I would follow the audio signal from P4 pin 1 to pin 1 of U2 (the MB3730 audio amp) with my scope. But I think you don't have one.

Things you could do:

Did you turn the volume on (may seem stupid but I had a board on my bench where this was the problem)

Capacitor C9 or C10 could have gotten knocked over at one time and bended back. They look ok on the picture but I've seen a lot of "fixed" capacitors causing audio failure.

Although the audio amplifier is easy to swap, it is not a job for a newbie without the necessary tools. Maybe you find somebody in your neighborhood who can do this.

Got a external amp to work guys just a quick update...

I wanna thank all you guys for trying to help and also Aazy 8383 for all the help with parts and advice thanks man your the best[emoji106]

A call out to anyone comes across in the future an Nintendo AV-01 Combined Sound Amp/Video Inverter I'll be happy to buy one.

I'm sure parts are becoming harder to find theses days.

19453009351de4dfd401d3e409bcb6b1.jpg

U are very welcome mate, glad it has all gone to a great home and a good bloke. The cab looks amazing, knew it would look good but I think it's beyond good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I would agree with ramakers here and get the AV-01 board repaired in the future after eliminating the basics (power ground issues).

At least u don't need to rush as external amp is doing its job.

But u know it's working and working well so maybe just forget the extra tiny amp is in there after a good drinking session and it's all original [emoji6] @phreak97

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade