Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Retro refurbs... Closed :(

T2S88

Sup!

Anyone who is worrying about their orders please rest assured that Retro Refurbs has not abandoned you. Orders are being sent and support is still available via email.

While I'm here, there's a few points I'd like to throw in to the mix:

1. Nobody took us down and that will never be an issue anyway.

2. There is a lot of misinformation being posted online, including how we make our stuff and where it comes from.

3. We don't just make cabinet decals.

4. We are currently closed, but I didn't hear a fat lady singing. Did you?

5. I wish I lived in Australia.

Welcome to AA

Sup!

Anyone who is worrying about their orders please rest assured that Retro Refurbs has not abandoned you. Orders are being sent and support is still available via email.

While I'm here, there's a few points I'd like to throw in to the mix:

1. Nobody took us down and that will never be an issue anyway.

2. There is a lot of misinformation being posted online, including how we make our stuff and where it comes from.

3. We don't just make cabinet decals.

4. We are currently closed, but I didn't hear a fat lady singing. Did you?

5. I wish I lived in Australia.

Welcome to our neck of the woods.

I wished you lived here too:)

When will the store be re opening or is it just via email?

That's great news re Retro Refurbs. I guess we all assume based on speculation and what's posted on Pinside. Pete was great to deal with when I ordered my TFTC decals and look forward when he is up and runnings again!

Sup!

You were selling a lot of my custom artwork which I made available to the VPforums.org community for personal home projects (non commercial) and claiming it as your own custom art. :( At least an honest acknowledgement that you didn't create it would have been nice.

You were selling a lot of my custom artwork which I made available to the VPforums.org community for personal home projects (non commercial) and claiming it as your own custom art. :( At least an honest acknowledgement that you didn't create it would have been nice.

I would be interested to see a response to this.

There were 4 pieces of custom art submitted to us by someone else claiming them as their own. The art was slightly modified versions of free art Stuzza provides. They have now been removed from the site and we are talking with Stuzza about doing some work with him on new art.

I hope the outcome will be of great benefit to all :)

There were 4 pieces of custom art submitted to us by someone else claiming them as their own. The art was slightly modified versions of free art Stuzza provides. They have now been removed from the site and we are talking with Stuzza about doing some work with him on new art.

Well that's great news. Craig is one of the good guys :)

His artwork is top notch.

• Administrators

It sure is and welcome to AA.

As RetroRefurbs have said above I have now spoken with Pete and the artwork has been removed. It appears that some people have taken my free art and given it to RetroRefurbs to print for their cabs then offered it to be on sold on their website - basically then claiming it as their own.

I'm more than happy to speak to RetroRefurbs in the future about custom art. However I'm more interested in doing art for cabs which either had very crappy art to begin with or none at all. (e.g. space Shuttle, Party Animal, et..) Or for games in which you just can't get the original art anymore or which modernization of the art might look cool.