Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

60 in 1 credit button?

BoardMan

Question

I've built a couple of 60 in 1 cabs and it's been brought to my attention that the player 1 S3 button works as a credit button.

I have the SERVICE pin (14 solder side) tied to P1 S3 to save on an extra button.

It does it set as upright or cocktail. Nothing in the manual about it.

Anyone else noticed this?

Next time I put one together I'll have to try it without SERVICE tied to P1 S3 to see if that's what's causing it.

2 answers to this question

I've built a couple of 60 in 1 cabs and it's been brought to my attention that the player 1 S3 button works as a credit button.

I have the SERVICE pin (14 solder side) tied to P1 S3 to save on an extra button.

It does it set as upright or cocktail. Nothing in the manual about it.

Anyone else noticed this?

Next time I put one together I'll have to try it without SERVICE tied to P1 S3 to see if that's what's causing it.

If you wire it to do this on a non-freeplay game, the P3 button with the SERVICE wire attached will add credits when it is pushed

If its set on free play you wont need a credit button anyway

Only "Gunsmoke" uses all 3 buttons but you can change it to 1 button if you just want a 2 button layout only

Once all the games are set do you really need a service/ test button

Edited by Ponty

If you wire it to do this on a non-freeplay game, the P3 button with the SERVICE wire attached will add credits when it is pushed

If its set on free play you wont need a credit button anyway

Only "Gunsmoke" uses all 3 buttons but you can change it to 1 button if you just want a 2 button layout only

Once all the games are set do you really need a service/ test button

True about the need for a service button but it's for a business and it has a coin mech and it allows them to alter games per credit etc and since it'll get a work out I want them to be able to test buttons if they think one is crook.

I told them disabling S3 will only affect one game and gave them the option to have S3 as S3 and move the SERVICE to the unused coin/credit button.

Not a big issue, I just wondered if others had encounted this.

The good news is for home machines I can now drop the coin/credit button and customers can use S3 for credit. Woohoo, I save a massive $1.80 per machine!