Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

vertical 60 in 1 problem - image imcomplete

lavalyte

Question

I just recieved a 60 in 1 in the mail yesterday and I'm running it out to a CM8833 monitor via scart.

I see the same problem on an 1084 monitor.

I can't get the complete right side of the output on screen... no matter what adjustments I do.

Does this 60 in 1 have an internal image positioning option maybe?

IMAG2807.jpg

IMAG2802.jpg

More likely monitor than board IMO

Same issue with two monitors though.

If I see the same issue through VGA then I guess its the board, otherwise you're probably right.

is there any way to adjust the CRT to center the signal maybe?

nope

Definitely a monitor problem.

if you adjust the width you will see the rest of the image

Not sure about that.

I have controls to adjust the vertical and horizontal width and centering, and there is no adjustment that will shift the unseen part of the image into visbility. Note that the images I added are with the vertical height reduced so that the absolute top and buttom of the signal are visible.

I got a vga cable today and the vga output is fine.

I notice the vga outputs at 60hz so I wonder if the cga is also at 60hz, which might not be ideal for an australian amiga monitor.

I have used heaps of these 60 in 1 boards, On some tubed cabs I have had the same problem, but not all.

With LCD using VGA they work fine, With the tubed cabs some just plug in and work fine first go, but some just don't sit right on the screen, I think they are B grade boards, so they are not perfect, you might plug another board from a different batch and it will be fine, just luck of the draw.

I only use the 60 in 1 boards with a LCD screen, they all work fine this way, I know its not the same as a CRT, but most people don't care as long as they can play it.

I have used heaps of these 60 in 1 boards, On some tubed cabs I have had the same problem, but not all.

With LCD using VGA they work fine, With the tubed cabs some just plug in and work fine first go, but some just don't sit right on the screen, I think they are B grade boards, so they are not perfect, you might plug another board from a different batch and it will be fine, just luck of the draw.

I only use the 60 in 1 boards with a LCD screen, they all work fine this way, I know its not the same as a CRT, but most people don't care as long as they can play it.

The tricky part is, the cab only takes a 13 inch screen and I don't want to alter it too much. Hard to find a 13 inch lcd or crt monitor these days.

The tricky part is, the cab only takes a 13 inch screen and I don't want to alter it too much. Hard to find a 13 inch lcd or crt monitor these days.

Just throw up a Gumtree wanted ad, you will get one, I put up a wanted ad for 19" 4:3 monitors and had a reply within a hour, from a e waste guy, purchased 40 @ $5 each and he threw in the VGA cables and kettle cords, I still have 12 left :).

I've used lots of 60in1's with arcade monitors and most work just fine and as with most games look nicer than an LCD

I have had issues with 13" screens though quite often

Just throw up a Gumtree wanted ad, you will get one, I put up a wanted ad for 19" 4:3 monitors and had a reply within a hour, from a e waste guy, purchased 40 @ $5 each and he threw in the VGA cables and kettle cords, I still have 12 left :).

Gave it a shot, and talked to a pc refurbishing place.

Unfortunately no-one takes in 13 inch CRTs or LCDs these days. The refurbisher only kept 17 inch +.

For what it's worth I plugged a neo geo board in and I can see the entire neo geo test pattern.

That's because Neo Geo are Japanese and the other is Chinese made. But as others have said it's not the game, try adjusting the horizontal and vertical pots that move and skew the image that are on the PCB not the user adjuster pots on the edge of the PCB. The game board also has a dip switch that has to be set for the type of input used.

That's because Neo Geo are Japanese and the other is Chinese made. But as others have said it's not the game, try adjusting the horizontal and vertical pots that move and skew the image that are on the PCB not the user adjuster pots on the edge of the PCB.

...more like the Neo cost many hundreds of dollars and the 60in1 costs $50.

Gave it a shot, and talked to a pc refurbishing place.

Unfortunately no-one takes in 13 inch CRTs or LCDs these days. The refurbisher only kept 17 inch +.

You might still be able to pickup a 14" or 15" LCD screen around the place, mostly garage sales.

That's because Neo Geo are Japanese and the other is Chinese made. But as others have said it's not the game, try adjusting the horizontal and vertical pots that move and skew the image that are on the PCB not the user adjuster pots on the edge of the PCB. The game board also has a dip switch that has to be set for the type of input used.

After looking up the schematic, there are these adjustments on the chassis....

chassis.png

of those adjustments the three on the left are difficult to get to, the four on the right are easy.

I've adjusted with the four on the right and could not fix the issue.

Would the other adjustments help?

- - - Updated - - -

this is the service manual.

CM8833