Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Moon Alien part II cocktail

Hi guys, I recently acquired an original nichibutsu moon alien cocktail cabinet, which was complete minus monitor. After a bit of investigating, turns out the power supply was also no good. After hooking up a monitor and power supply it looks like the board is also no good (which I had guessed from the state of it). i have been wondering which direction to go with this one, I think I'd really like to keep it original, but from the state of the board it probably needs replacing (plus, although I know a bit about electronics I have never tried to repair an arcade PCB before - I have fixed a few LCD TVs though).

Do you guys think finding a replacement board would be likely or should I try to find someone to look at the board for me, or try to fix it myself? It puts out a picture but just garbled rubbish on the screen like a screen full of zeros with random symbols mixed in.. Once it said bad ram 3.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpeg.c60159932b89d4635691cc5e6b62ca54.jpeg

This is what it displays

Well spotted! Unfortunately it made no difference. I'll get onto the sockets, thanks for that

- - - Updated - - -

Also look at Galaxian this set shares alot of similarities with Galaxian PCBs

PS Good game

Do you mean if I need to look for pinouts for chips?