Victoria
      Mentioned
      531 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2492 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
      Cheers man.
      Do you mind if I post them on the head2head website?

This user has no status.

----

State
      Fernsyde
      Mentioned
      124 Post(s)
      Quoted
      225 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryza View Post
      Do you mind if I post them on the head2head website?
      No worries. Want a better file? With credit if possible Matthew Venables / mvenables.com - gotta do the self promo where I can.

is Waiting Patiently for Hobbit
      Wizard mode

Awesome

State
      Victoria
      Mentioned
      531 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2492 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
      No worries. Want a better file? With credit if possible Matthew Venables / mvenables.com - gotta do the self promo where I can.
      All good. They get compressed on the website anyway. Will post up your website

is in the hunt for Solid States
      under 2.5K, Jackbot, Fathom,
      Centaur

----

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      89 Post(s)
      Quoted
      346 Post(s)
      Australia

ACS 2018 Adelaide

Now Iíve had some sleep and showed my face at work today I can hand out the thanks that have been v well earned.

There is no way this event could happen without the huge effort that comes from the community.

Enormous thanks to Paul Michell @pinballcreature for the massive amount of work that he put into the preparation of this event. Paul was a flautist in the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and he brings that level of perfection to his tournament directing.

Thanks to Michael Kerylidis for days of work designing and organising the Tshirts. He also spent 2 full days riding shotgun in the truck with me moving 6 machines to amd from my house and work.

Thanks to Simon, Steve and Amusement Worx for providing their latest machines as well as moving around machines belonging to our other donors. They also paid for Peter to Tag & Test every machine, laptop, tv, power board and extension lead in the venue, as well as repairing the machines every morning.

Thanks to Ray, Michi, Dan & other competitors for machine repairs during the day. We all did a great job keeping all the machines running in top condition.

Thank you Amity and Gary for a huge effort running the novelty tournaments all day Sat and Sun morning. Amity regularly sacrifices a flip frenzy to score here in Adelaide.

Thank you to everyone who helped in setup on Thu & Fri: Paul, Tom, Steve, Michael, Darren B, Kelly, Michael and a very welcome big effort from interstate visitors Gee, Tim & Matt V.

Thank you to Luke for TD adjudications all weekend, helping me plan and setting up the spreadsheets, and running the main event finals. Thank you to Matt Vecchio for managing the Q in FF1. Thanks to Chris Wade for a lot of scoring during the Strikes event along with others who put up their hand. Thanks to Paul and Simon for running FF2.

Thank you to Zac and his staff for a wonderful accommodating venue, they were easy going, always helpful, and they have created a super cool place to hang out.

Thanks to Michael C for managing the Facebook event page.

Thanks to Michael, Bruce and AMD for all the much appreciated prize money and the Guardians of the Galaxy (provided by Ray Dickeson).

For the tear down on the Monday again the interstaters stepped up, thanks Matt V, Tim and Gee. Also Josh, Lou, Steve, Tom, Michael & Kelly. It is great to see people there at the end when it would be so easy to move on.

Thanks to Grant (& Deren) for supplying his 6 machines and picking up others. Thanks to all the guys who supplied their machines, including making sure they played really well: Paul Michell, Lou, Ray, Tom, Michael C, Paul Massey, Crafty, Simon & Steve, & my 6.

My PR agent Leila Henderson deserves a special mention for doing us a freebie, distributing the press release I wrote and then dealing with the avalanche of interest. Thanks to Lucy, Michael, Ray, Tom and Matt for coming in for press photos and interviews.

Thanks to Zach Sharpe and Stern for donating the translites.

Thanks to Dan & Luke for supervising all the tournaments throughout 2017. Also Josh, Zach, Brians and others at IFPA that make competitive pinball possible.

Iím working on the budget still, Iíll be publishing it shortly as well as paying the prize winners. Any surplus weíll announce what we do with it.

I must have left some people out, please let me know and iíll add you in.

Finally, thanks to all the pinheads who rocked up and made the tournament awesome.
      Last edited by onetaste; 13th February 2018 at 11:33 PM.

is having a status just so he
      doesn't have no status.

----

State
      Queensland
      Mentioned
      88 Post(s)
      Quoted
      619 Post(s)
      Australia
      And thanks to you to Greg, who was stupid^H^H^H^H^H^Hdedicated enough to make it all possible!

Thank you Greg! That was a really great weekend, one that I'll remember for many years.

Michi.
      Last edited by Michi; 14th February 2018 at 08:57 AM.
      May the pinballs tumble in your direction!

is is in fact, not lambo.

Sneaky

State
      Queensland
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      37 Post(s)
      Australia
      Thanks all for a great weekend.

I've uploaded my 'spur of the moment' recording of the finals, if you feel like watching/rewatching the final 4 games in the best quality possible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3...O2e_nMK233-8DQ

We should really be recording final games, such display of talent went missing in many games! Enjoy.

is in the hunt for Solid States
      under 2.5K, Jackbot, Fathom,
      Centaur

----

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      89 Post(s)
      Quoted
      346 Post(s)
      Australia

ACS 2018 Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Noben View Post
      Thanks all for a great weekend.

I've uploaded my 'spur of the moment' recording of the finals, if you feel like watching/rewatching the final 4 games in the best quality possible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh3...O2e_nMK233-8DQ

We should really be recording final games, such display of talent went missing in many games! Enjoy.
      Agreed, it needs someone to volunteer to setup and manage the streaming and ideally commentary. I really enjoyed the Canberra(?) ACS streaming.

This canít be the tournament organisers, they already have too much to deal with. I asked the local streamer here but he had business commitments that weekend.

is is in fact, not lambo.

Sneaky

State
      Queensland
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      37 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by onetaste View Post
      Agreed, it needs someone to volunteer to setup and manage the streaming and ideally commentary. This can’t be the tournament organisers, they already have too much to deal with. I asked the local streamer here but he had business commitments that weekend.
      Totally agreeding with you. I wasn't referring to a full blown streaming setup and commentary. That's very hard to achieve and do it well. Also, it's quite static and hard to move between final games. What I was referring to was more of a light rig to record final games, for players to watch/rewatch.

Cheers.

is contemplating life, the
      universe and a pint

Drunk

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      91 Post(s)
      Quoted
      576 Post(s)
      Australia
      I'm just glad nobody was streaming on Saturday night when I told Iron Man exactly what I thought of it (and the horse it rode in on) at full volume. Totally over the top and way out of line

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information