Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Digital & Analogue plunger together

DallasJ

Question

Hey Folks,

Is it possible to have an analogue plunger and a button digital launch button on a VPIN? to cater for games that originally only had a launch button?

E.g. Last action hero has a fire launch trigger and Metallica has a spring plunger.

5 answers to this question

Hey Folks,

Is it possible to have an analogue plunger and a button digital launch button on a VPIN? to cater for games that originally only had a launch button?

E.g. Last action hero has a fire launch trigger and Metallica has a spring plunger.

You sure can! Both of mine are attacked to the same controller with the Launch Button bound to 'enter' and the plunger it's own input.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113088[/ATTACH]

2021273624_Completedmachine.thumb.jpg.72602a76c8ad4fa115e2d47e0c454d6c.jpg

Yes. In Visual Pinball, there is a setting on the plunger object called "Mechanical Plunger". If you enable that setting then you can use an analog device to control the plunger and it makes many tables much more playable, especially those with fiddly skill shots.

Ok, so I should be ok with my pinscape setup then? Previously I just had a switch on my plunger and a seperate button on the same input to launch either way.

Now I have the analogue setup from OzStick, so I can use either still.

So I just have set this on each table with the "mechanical plunger" option.

Ok, so I should be ok with my pinscape setup then? Previously I just had a switch on my plunger and a seperate button on the same input to launch either way.

Now I have the analogue setup from OzStick, so I can use either still.

So I just have set this on each table with the "mechanical plunger" option.

Yep, if you're using "my" encoder with the plunger module (which is all based on Pinscape) you should be fine. Give me a call if you get stuck.

The Mechanical Plunger option is typically already enabled on the majority of VPX tables, but it you come across a table and find the plunger doesn't work "out of the box" then that's the first thing you should be checking. Don't forget to save the table if you need to change this option.