Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAI cocktail cab - sourcing recessed control panels

lavalyte

Question

15 answers to this question

I dont know where you can find a controler like this, but at least for the first one it's easy to build one your own. All you need is a wood panel, a solid color adhesive decal with just some letters and markings. It's very easy to make this label in an imaging program.

@lavalyte I think the surrounds Dan has posted are Taito ones you might want to check the size to see if they fit and the mounting is slightly different too.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think you're right, these also go to the bottom edge of the cab instead of into just into the side.

I think they would be ok though, depending on size.

@lavalyte I think the surrounds Dan has posted are Taito ones you might want to check the size to see if they fit and the mounting is slightly different too.

Cheers Trev

Yes there are definitely different sizes and mounts. Actually, yours were almost a perfect match for my Karateco cab (Space invaders clone), see the thread here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/83127-Karateco-(Taito-Space-Invaders-clone)-cocktail-cab-restoration

But the pictured Taito ones don't have hole at the top and no bottom lip for the underneath screws.

Also, the height might be OK but the width is different depending on the model (if too wide, that's OK, you can enlarge the cab opening a bit like I did on mine).

Yes there are definitely different sizes and mounts. Actually, yours were almost a perfect match for my Karateco cab (Space invaders clone), see the thread here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/83127-Karateco-(Taito-Space-Invaders-clone)-cocktail-cab-restoration

But the pictured Taito ones don't have hole at the top and no bottom lip for the underneath screws.

Also, the height might be OK but the width is different depending on the model (if too wide, that's OK, you can enlarge the cab opening a bit like I did on mine).

For what it's worth looking at your old surrounds you could recondition them by sticking a thin sheet of mdf under them and filling the gaps with epoxy glue so it's a nice flat surface, then spray painting over. I did something similar with my coin surround.

For what it's worth looking at your old surrounds you could recondition them by sticking a thin sheet of mdf under them and filling the gaps with epoxy glue so it's a nice flat surface, then spray painting over. I did something similar with my coin surround.

Sorry what? I hadn't any old surrounds :-)

Perhaps my terminology isn't correct. Isn't this from your renovation?

pic

No :-) Big Trev kept these as they were original Taitos and gave me the clone ones, which were in perfect state. You can see them cleaned up later in the thread.