Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Glass - For Sale

*** Not taking anymore orders***

Hi All,

I keep on seeing some of the prices that some shops sell glass for when someone needs a replacement for pinball machines, and I'm sure it varies (some cheaper, some dearer) but in general I hear $100 or so.

So if your glass is scratched, blew up or just want a spare piece, providing you can pick up from Sydney, I can organise standard width glass, for $55 or if after a wide body $65 each. Pick up only or may be able to drop off in Sydney for an extra charge depending on where you live.

Glass will be new, never used, 5mm clear toughened, no stamp, with arrised edges (takes the sharp off edges)

I can normally get this done within 3-5 working days.

If interested, let me know.

PayPal Gift or Bank deposit before order time ONLY. (Cash on pick up is no longer available as an option.

I won't be asking you for money a month before glass is ordered, but feel it's fair to get the money a few days before ordering as holding onto glass at home for long periods of time, out of pocket doesn't work for me)

Any questions, etc. please send me a PM.

(Note: Sorry but unfortunately I can not get any reflective glass at this stage! :( )

Thanks, Rick

Edited by RPZ
Cash on pick up no longer available.

General question.

What does factory glass do when broken?

Crack or shatter?

I can only recall a single instance where I've seen broken glass and that was shattered (a pub pin at Perisher blue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General question.

What does factory glass do when broken?

Crack or shatter?

I can only recall a single instance where I've seen broken glass and that was shattered (a pub pin at Perisher blue).

If it hasn't been toughened it will crack, if it has been then it will blow into a million little pieces

fb1806dc9c84c34e84728969cd330c56.jpg

I am in Melbourne and have replaced glass on 8 machines. I use Monash Glass in Notting Hill as they are only 10 mins from my house. For a standard size pinball machine, toughened (heat treated off site) without stamp, 5mm thick and sharp edges removed ('rough arris') - it's $42! For a wide body machine its about $70. Seems a bit more for the wide body size but that's their prices. Turn around time is approx a week, but sometimes 3-4 days depending on how busy they are.

If you really wanted a flat polished edge (not required as edges are not visible in a pinball machine), like a table top of coffee table, the charge is slightly higher.

So for those in Melb around the south east area, Monash Glass is great.

Are you going to do a batch after a certain amount I only need 1or 2x

Happy to get them produced as people want them, I've had a couple people let me know what they want already so at the end of the day today I will order and have them ready by mid to end of next week.

Having said that, happy to get std and/or widebody panels done at any time.

Send me a PM with how many of each and I'll organise for you.

Cheers!

Hi All, have had some people order both Std and wide body panels. I will be placing an order on Monday and will have the glass ready by Thursday/Friday. If you want one in the next week please send me a PM by tomorrow night.

Other wise all other orders will not come until at least another 2 weeks (due to going on paternity leave)

Cheers, Rick

It doesn't necessarily have to be shattered or cracked.

Just replacing scratched up glass make a huge improvement.

I will keep this in mind as I still have 4 new sheets left but will need more eventually.

Do people prefer 4mm or 5mm? I get 4, not as strong but then I don't operate my machines. 5mm is a real squeeze since the original glass sits somewhere betw 4 & 5mm.

I found that 4mm on the wide body games is just a touch thin. Each time I replace the glass I use 5mm and have had no fitting issues. For a touch over $40, it's a HUGE difference to the look of a machine, even if the old one had just a few minor scratches.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Without going on a big rant, someone here ordered 4 x std size glass panels, and after several messages where I've tried making contact, I have had zero response. Therefore, I have 4 panels ready, sitting here happy to be sold (again, as they haven't been paid for).

Please let me know if interested. Cheers, Rick

Hi Guys,

Without going on a big rant, someone here ordered 4 x std size glass panels, and after several messages where I've tried making contact, I have had zero response. Therefore, I have 4 panels ready, sitting here happy to be sold (again, as they haven't been paid for).

Welcome to Aussie Arcade :lol

I had replaced my IJ stern glass and it made a huge difference to the machine. You don't realise the difference until you do it.

It's a must on older machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Guys,

I'll take the 4 if still available Rick. I can come down and pick them up COD or just paypal.