Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jukebox Repair person Brisbane

JakeTheMuSS

Question

12 answers to this question

Hey Mate,

It is a NSM City II. It turns on but when I go to select an album is blows the house power!

I did hear like a hissing sound when i first tried to use it after I bought it 6 months ago. Decided i would like to get it working. :)

Checked all power etc every looks clean, only thing i noticed was a bit of burnt cables that come from the main switch. I havde attached some pics. 20170106_154405.thumb.jpg.33867b5ed4bfe98b031ffdecd991f661.jpg20170111_211808.thumb.jpg.1b5c4a86f0e118bd0739764916e1cba5.jpg

It is a great unit, with orginal manual and stuff.

Cheers,

Jake

Well I used to have the old ceramic breakers so the whole house would trip. I had them changed over last week and have turned it on so not too sure. Will give it a go and report back.

Are these transformers hard to come by?

Also just to let u know... U can turn the unit on...it is when u select an album it then trips the house.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Jake

"Also just to let u know... U can turn the unit on...it is when u select an album it then trips the house."

Something in the album selector sounds bad in my opinion. Possibly relay driven; something that is activated by album selection is when the short occurs...

Fact it powers up and works would make me think the power board is probably not the source of your problems.

"Also just to let u know... U can turn the unit on...it is when u select an album it then trips the house."

Something in the album selector sounds bad in my opinion. Possibly relay driven; something that is activated by album selection is when the short occurs...

Fact it powers up and works would make me think the power board is probably not the source of your problems.

Yeah thought it might be the case. That is why I thought a recap might see if that fixes it.

There are a few Juke guys here but most down south.

But

There is a bloke who is a member of My restoration facebook page, He does Juke-boxes, seems like a pretty nice guy, He might be worth talking to,His name is Kev

He is friends with a few prominent AA members. He is at Ipswich,

his page is https://www.facebook.com/Ipswichjukeboxhires/?