Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thomas the tank engine. TTTE.

Today I'll be fixing a problem with the playfield extension, which will involve rebuilding the whole thing.

The problem I have is not being able to remove either of the plastics that the track sits on if I need to for servicing later on. The engine shed panel has rectangular holes in it that the track passes through, at the moment I can disconnect the track and pull it through the holes BUT when I glue the copper braid to the track I won't be able to do this.[emoji852]

The plan is to make those holes into slots that will extend down to the playfield so I can lift the whole panel out.

I can correct a couple of other minor issues while I'm at it in that the plastic on the extension sits about 2mm lower than the main playfield and the holes for the engines are not cut very neatly. Unfortunately I can't disassemble the extension as I glued it all together.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's all part of the design process. At least it is with mine.[emoji6]

So you can see what I'm doing the areas with the cross will be fixed and the legs will slide in between them.

5c714171174b705a2c8f513605e272eb.jpg

There's a batten that goes across the front (pic 2) and one behind that'll hold it all together.

47463f4ccefa3c44c41adc033267208b.jpg

I was uploading pictures last night and thought your boy might like to see these...

If not give you some inspiration....

tq4YAJ2.jpg

fLPPLX6.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is at the Zig Zag Railway and they have a Thomas day once a year.

I know my kids loved it the day I took these pictures.

I was uploading pictures last night and thought your boy might like to see these...

If not give you some inspiration....

tq4YAJ2.jpg

fLPPLX6.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is at the Zig Zag Railway and they have a Thomas day once a year.

I know my kids loved it the day I took these pictures.

It sure looks like the Zig Zag railway. I've been there a couple of times.

Here's my modified atx power supply for the +5v and +12v I'll need for the Thomas pin. Basically all I did was connect the green wire from the pcb connector (pin 16)

bcd7042649cae1c25c5df7f81d528f57.jpg

to gnd internally and remove all the extra wires I won't need.

82c84dc8c9bb0b1a36378bf53088c76f.jpg

I'll be using the male pcb mount drive connectors on my boards.

You could use this power supply on a 60 in 1 arcade board too.

Cheers Trev

Edited by BIG Trev

Yep, All the computer power supplies are the same Green to Ground. All the ones I'm using are done the same.
I actually had one that was all different colours so I double checked the atx connector pinout and got it working ok.

I'd suggest checking first, while most are the green wire to ground they can be different.

Cheers Trev

I actually had one that was all different colours so I double checked the atx connector pinout and got it working ok.

I'd suggest checking first, while most are the green wire to ground they can be different.

Cheers Trev

Thanks Trev, I have never seen one different, So thanks for the heads up..:)

Yep, All the computer power supplies are the same Green to Ground. All the ones I'm using are done the same.

Cool things to play with especially now that they are a throw away device and you can find them anywhere 2nd hand usually for free.

Go between +12 and -12 and you have 24vDC but the current is limited to that of the lowest terminal, usually 2 amps on the -12vDC.

The same can be used on any of the voltage combos back to the -12v to form more voltages. A lot more useful when you have a -5vDC terminal as well not to mention if you find a supply with -24vDC as well but those supplys usually have much more capacity on the - terminals making them a lot more useful for doing this exact purpose.

Don't put any load on the 5v standby, you will kill it if it is above about 200mA

Any shorted power lines will prevent the power supply to boot up and also shut down the supply if a short occurs during use so they are pretty safe to run without fuses although I'd still use fuses.

Some of these power supplys are extremely poor in quality and may not shut down when shorted or in some cases, not able to detect the power supply's cooling fan has failed and literally catch fire as a result.

Keep the hard work up @BIG Trev ! I worked on the Battle Pinny today and this is my reward ... ( 2kg :o )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122677[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

I have to wait until Wednesday to do a bit more. I'm going to mount the new playfield extension, fit the engine shed locos and hopefully fit a panel in the backbox for the display and 6 lamps. That's the plan anyway. My reward will be doing dishes, laundry and cooking dinner.[emoji6]

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE....Big Trev's TTTE verses thegrunta666's Battle Pin. Who will be first, Who's will work correct, Who will get there first...Coming to a Pinfest near you! Tickets available somewhere! :laugh:

Whether mine survives to 1000Km drive is the big question.....:cry If it makes it, @BIG Trev is up for a challenge !