Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thomas the tank engine. TTTE.

• Administrators
I Really like the look of this thing man!

I do have a secret I haven't shared though

The Train in Lawman - yep with his face filed off.

Thomas deserves better

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=152308

I am not sure about Thomas, but the fella who wrote it was definitely off his face when he did...…..

:lol

• Administrators
The next one will probably be The Banana Splits if I ever finish this one. I'm only a part time pinball builder.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

In that case ……….BUILD FASTER!!!!!!!

Today's efforts saw the finished topper engines glued to the rails and mounted to the backbox. I also did a test fit of the lamp board which needs a bit of trimming.

I drew up a linear actuator for moving the engines in and out of the shed using a dc motor and two micro switches.

The moving block is in two pieces and has a captive nut in the center that runs on a piece of threaded rod connected to a geared motor. The block will be guided by two 3mm stainless rods, one either side. I've got to design the motor mount next.

This is to replace the steppers and should be a lot stronger and more rigid. I've 3d printed a prototype that I'll probably use in the machine.

Cheers Trev

91da7d73b8986dee4350d37fcf9b2729.jpg39c81360cfe9c7bceaf8f61b8564d718.jpg69240caa9f5ec0bcdec0edbdca22e972.jpgb76df9a58b1e0a2da8c902736c2311d7.jpg532357b2f51166b307e6f29ef0723c35.jpg

Trev , I doth my hat to you every time I read this thread. You just keep coming up with adaptive ways to get stuff done.

On another "track", Now don't forget to give that orbit 1 (is it ?:unsure ) some love in the next few weeks:)

Trev , I doth my hat to you every time I read this thread. You just keep coming up with adaptive ways to get stuff done.

On another "track", Now don't forget to give that orbit 1 (is it ?:unsure ) some love in the next few weeks:)

Thanks Jeff. The Orbit1 will be ready to go for Pinfest. Thomas will be there next year, I'm running out of time this year.

Unbelievable you buy a 3D printer, build a pin & come out with an unofficial degree in engineering.. Well done Trev :)
Thanks.

It's starting to come together. The block will run on two 3mm stainless rods and have a m3 threaded rod in the center. The block is two pieces with a captive nut held between them. When the threaded rod is turned by the motor the block will move. I've got to wait now for parts so I'm working on the motor mount.b632a4e6ef66224465d8d2b8565283be.jpg