Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Thomas the tank engine. TTTE.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Sydney this morning but will be heading down to see Carson this afternoon to hopefully pick up the new cabinet artwork and drop off the files for the playfield and plastics and the plastic to be laser cut for the playfield protector.[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Caught up with Carson @MamePatrol today, picked up the new cabinet decals and dropped off the rest of the artwork.

I have to thank him for taking time out of his busy schedule to see us and go through the artwork and give us a quick but much needed lesson on how to apply decals.[emoji6]

I'd highly recommend him to anyone needing decals.

Thomas is now back on track.[emoji6]

Cheers Trev

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't given up but have decided to use some proprietary solenoid driver boards in the machine, why reinvent the wheel.

The fat controller board stays as do the display boards. The artwork for the playfield protector, engine shed and plastics are being worked on. I'll strip the machine and playfield tomorrow so I can fit all the new shiny bits when they arrive.

I've started to make a mounting board for the display, game over and ball number lamps so I'll probably get into finishing that on the weekend.

I don't know why but the new rubbers have all perished so they'll need to be replaced, we think it's due to the UV from the fluorescent lights as it doesn't happen when the glass is on???? It's happened on the Howzat and FJ too.

I'm going to 3d print some tracks for the trains on the topper and mount all that soon too and wire the lights in the trains to a relay board in the backbox. I'm so looking forward to getting this finished so I can start on the next one.[emoji2957]

Cheers Trev

It was heartbreaking peeling off the old decals but happy to report that the new test piece sticks like sh.t to a blanket after wiping the cab with glass cleaner.[emoji26][emoji41] I'm going to leave it on for a day to see what happens.

One step forwards.afccfeecc7886715e553d202d029069b.jpg670606eb1457edbdfa48101c432614b8.jpg

Great job mate very inspired by this project...:023::023:
Thanks.

I learned a lesson with the previous decals so this time I cleaned the cab with glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth and let it dry.

I applied the decals dry too, no water or detergent and had a stiffer squeegee. It's by no means perfect but I love it.

I just need to paint the sleepers brown and glue everything together and it's done.[emoji16]

Loving the way this looks now.

3d printing mounting blocks for the lamp board now. This should help position the lamp board in the backbox.4b807c47b15c6404567ea1ada74e7b91.jpgb34c495841e8648dbbeabe3a63d88f52.jpg