Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PS VR Discussion Thread

Guys and Gals,

I've decided to start a PS VR Discussion thread to discuss anything PS VR for those that have one or are thinking of buying one.

I started a thread about VR Pinball (using Pinball FX2 VR) and my plans to build a PS4 version of a PinSim but that soon started going off topic a bit (not that I care), but I thought I would start this thread so ANYTHING PS VR can be discussed from now on without worrying about going off topic.

I don't give a sheed how off topic or not this thread becomes. I'm just going to post stuff in it I find interesting as I find it.

I'll start off with a link to my initial thread: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/85565-Virtual-Reality-(VR)-Pinball-is-the-missing-link-between-Virtual-Pinball-amp-Real-Pins. Tune into that thread as @hotty and I will be starting the build asap on that.

I'll post more soon.

Discuss on!

What you Need

If you don't own a ps4/Pro and want a PS VR here's what you need:

- PS4 Pro 1T (you can get away with slim, but Pro was made for VR) ~$498-550

- PS VR ~$550

- PS4 Camera version ~$90

- PS4 Move Controllers Twin-Pack ~$120 (unless you have 1 or 2 ps3 move controllers, as they're the same controller). You can get away with 1 move controller but some games (such as Batman: Arkham) use 2

Racing Games

I've been asked what Racing Games are on the PS VR.

- Driveclub VR is available.

- Project Cars is not.

- Gran Turismo Sport is not.

- Dirt Rally VR was just released the other day (it's under $20 if you already own Dirt Rally). I've only tried Rally X and Hill Climb modes atm and they are unbelievable in VR!!! Pikes Peak is kicking my a$$! For those into Pikes Peak, you're able to drive Pikes Peak either using Ari Vatanens Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak (Climb Dance anyone?) or Sebastien Loeb's Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak cars!

If you have a racing rig... OMG!!

No other racing games are out... yet...

3D Bluray Movie Playback in VR

Beta Testers are testing future firmware update 4.50 which will add 3d Bluray movie playback in the VR in Cinema mode if you have old 3D bluray movies lying around gathering dust :lol

Screen Drift

There's a bit of an issue with the PS VR where the screen drifts to the left and you have to constantly re-calibrate to get back to centre.

Sony haven't taken ownership and people are hoping they do and fix it through a firmware update, but in the mean time apparently the fix so far is to try this:

Edited by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS VR Discussion Thread

My local JB hifi are selling the camera for $39 now.

Am still after the move controllers, I refuse to pay $120 for the PS4 move controllers!

I haven't noticed the screen drift issue but admittedly have only spent an hour or so playing VR since I got it. The only game I have so far is until dawn rise of blood. Will be getting resident evil very shortly

PS VR Discussion Thread

My local JB hifi are selling the camera for $39 now.

Is that definitely the ps4 version 2 camera? If so, 1/2 price!! @DallasJ @Cursed!!

I haven't noticed the screen drift issue but admittedly have only spent an hour or so playing VR since I got it.

You may have your camera set up PERFECTLY if it doesn't happen to you.

PS VR Discussion Thread

Is that definitely the ps4 version 2 camera? If so, 1/2 price!! @DallasJ @Cursed!!

You may have your camera set up PERFECTLY if it doesn't happen to you.

Yes it's definitely the PS4 camera, jb hifi at mt druitt ring them up if u want. Can't speak for all the other stores tho.

As I said I only played for an hour so probably not enough to notice it yet

My Son has all the above, and I have tried some of the demo VR games etc.

WOW.... simply wow.

The sample disc that came with it was immersive.

If you really want to get immersive, if you haven't already, download from the store the free version of Joshua Bell recording a violin performance recorded with a Sony 360 deg camera. It's pretty sweet.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/14/sony-playstation-vr-positional-tracking-music-performance/

If only we could get 360 deg recorded movies (other than pRon which isn't available on PS)...

Do any bands record their shows in 360 deg yet? I remember watching at a mates house (I think it was either Beastie Boys or Metallica) their show was recorded with different camera views so you could switch cameras while watching it. I think I have a Jamiroquai concert recorded that way too. 360 would be sweet!!!

Edit: not what I meant but it's a start: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/psvrs-youtube-app-now-lets-you-watch-360-degree-vi/1100-6447115/

Hmm. Tried the YouTube vr vids. Not a fan. Beside the 4k vids looking like dial up quality (but that could be cause I didn't have time to play with any video quality settings if there are any), what I disliked the most is that all the videos weren't recorded in the right perspective. Anything close to you made you feel like you're an ant looking up. The Joshua Bell recording I mentioned above was filmed in proper proportions.

It's still a little early for VR, Sony needed to knock it out if the park and I don't think they've done it. The best VR experience at the moment imo is via the HTC Vive which clocks in at about the same price as starting from scratch with the PS4. You also need a heap of room.

I'd personally spend my money on something else.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Been considering the PSVR as we're planning to get a second PS4 (so wife and I aren't fighting over the console for the few titles I play there) but I've also been thinking of just getting the Vive.

There's not really anything killer exclusive to PSVR that makes me really want it over the Vive which would give me access to a more open range of software.

• 2 weeks later...

Screen Drift

There's a bit of an issue with the PS VR where the screen drifts to the left and you have to constantly re-calibrate to get back to centre.

Sony haven't taken ownership and people are hoping they do and fix it through a firmware update, but in the mean time apparently the fix so far is to try this:

An update on this: Sony just recently pushed a VR update 2.50 to fix the drift issue. After updating I noticed quite a lot less screen drift in Pinball FX2 VR and while in Cinema Mode. But a big thanks to @DallasJ for suggesting I lower my camera because he thought it may be losing sight of the psvr lights as you're constantly looking down in PBFX2 VR. I had it at roughly mouth height.

So I re-positioned my camera to belly button height and made it face up. Lo and behold, screen drift 100% gone now!!

So if you're having screen drift issues, try re-positioning your camera to belly button height and facing up :unsure. It worked for me.

• 6 months later...
I bought PSVR a few weeks ago and the best deal at the time I could find was at Big W. They had a bundle of the headset, camera and VR Worlds for $599 but were sold out. EB Games would not price match but I could not wait so paid $629 from EB Games. The only thing cheaper I could find was 2nd hand on eBay but a headset is a bit too close and personal for 2nd hand I thought :)

If anyone's interested, from Zen Studios (https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?17972-October-10-17-PSVR-Anniversary-Sale!)

Pick up our PSVR games like Infinite Minigolf, CastleStorm and Pinball FX2 VR for a discounted price on Playstation celebrating the anniversary of PSVR

Pick these games up from October 10 to October 17, sale starts today!

• Infinite Minigolf is 30% off on Steam, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One! PlayStation deals listed below.

PlayStation EU Regions:

• Infinite Minigolf is 25% off on PSN and 30% off for PS+ users

• Pinball FX2 VR – 15% off on PSN and 50% off for PS+ users

• Pinball FX2 VR The Walking Dead – 15% off on PSN and 50% off for PS+ users

• Pinball FX2 VR Season 1 – 15% off on PSN and 50% off for PS+ users

Just seen this week in a catalogue that Big W ( I think ?? ) had a package with the PSVR , Camera , VR Worlds game and Gran Turismo Sport game for $529 . At least I think it was $529 - been a long week .. lol .

That’s how much I paid just for the psvr. Good price if correct.

Sent from your mums iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hmmm, have one of the kits from Big W on hold till next Wednesday.

Don't care much for the differences except the cable, one thin cable sounds much better than the two thicker ones on the original. As I do remember the cables were noticeable when I played.

Thanks again @ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma

Not sure If I should cancel the hold, was going to layby it anyway as I wont get it until mid November.

Seems like the smarter option getting the newer version, not overly concerned on the deal even though it is a good one.

I assume the new version should be available at the current price hopefully, minus Gran Turismo of course.