Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Getting Mame running on raspberry Pi especially defender

I've been meaning to put together something a bit more substantial than just my laptop running mame. Really the only game I'm seriously interested inside Williams Defender. I'd like to find out a lot more about the Roms that are available.

Anyway I have a raspberry Pi and believe it can be done quite well. Looking for links and a direction from here for that as so far I have only had running on a laptop. I'm a newbie to Raspberry Pi though I have quite a technical background.

Ultimately I'd like to put a cabinet together.

Cheers

Cheers fellas. Yeah that was one of the options I think I found a week or so ago, I'll look into it. Would be good to hear from other Defender enthusiasts on this forum.

Defender is a cool game but I enjoyed another Williams game, Smash TV.

I think it has something to do with mowing down endless amounts of monsters with rapid fire machine guns.

• 1 month later...
I've been meaning to put together something a bit more substantial than just my laptop running mame. Really the only game I'm seriously interested inside Williams Defender. I'd like to find out a lot more about the Roms that are available.

Anyway I have a raspberry Pi and believe it can be done quite well. Looking for links and a direction from here for that as so far I have only had running on a laptop. I'm a newbie to Raspberry Pi though I have quite a technical background.

Ultimately I'd like to put a cabinet together.

Cheers

You may want to check out ARpiCADE, it has newer versions of MAME than RetroPie. Not sure about Defender but some other Williams games have less accurate emulation the further you go back in MAME due to the blitter code. There's a lot of info about the progress of Robotron emulation here: http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com/technical/gameplatforms/mame/erasofrobotronemulation/ (again, not sure how much of this is relevant to Defender).