Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Vewlix Clone

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just moved back from living for the last half a decade in Japan and my lack of arcade is killing me so obviously I want to get myself a Viewlix clone to put a PC in.

I have read alot of the forum and done alot of research and I have decided because I am quite new to building and making to buy a clone and set it up to take on a dedicated PC as the best option.

My question is where should I be looking to import from and as a new person venturing into the arcade scene how difficult would it be for me to set up a cabinet for the PC?

Love the pictures from all of you they make me very excited to put something similar together or purchase outright if anyone has a cabinet they don't want anymore lol.

Hi guys,

Just moved back from living for the last half a decade in Japan and my lack of arcade is killing me so obviously I want to get myself a Viewlix clone to put a PC in.

I have read alot of the forum and done alot of research and I have decided because I am quite new to building and making to buy a clone and set it up to take on a dedicated PC as the best option.

My question is where should I be looking to import from and as a new person venturing into the arcade scene how difficult would it be for me to set up a cabinet for the PC?

Love the pictures from all of you they make me very excited to put something similar together or purchase outright if anyone has a cabinet they don't want anymore lol.

Where are you located?

If in Melbourne, speak to arcade obsessed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sydney but happy to pick anything up anywhere and either pick it up myself interstate or use a company that does Pinballs and Machines on a Melb - Syd route that I stumbled on in these forums when I bought my first pinball machine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anybody on here managed to find these or an equivalent?

it has volume adjust and all sorts on it. Wondering if anyone has modded their vewlix like this? Congrats arcade obsessed with the stickers I've seen you in some of the arcade channels I've subbed to on YouTube :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Has anybody on here managed to find these or an equivalent? it has volume adjust and all sorts on it. Wondering if anyone has modded their vewlix like this? Congrats arcade obsessed with the stickers I've seen you in some of the arcade channels I've subbed to on YouTube :)

Those are from the Korean Vewlix Clones (Kewlix :D).

I'd love to have that control panel for my setup, but I saw the price of those units (they don't sell them by itself, you have to buy it all with the machine) and I may as well have bought an original vewlix :D :D

I'm content with my simple 5 button method (Select/Share, L2, Home, R2, Touchpad press)

http://i.imgur.com/0drmlF5l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RAV0A8nl.jpg

It does the job and if I need to switch between PS4/PC or any other HDMI based console, I'm OK to open cabinet door :)

Haha yeah the input change was cool I've done what you have but I still have 2 players on my vewlix just have share and thouch buttons for each. I will eventually put a volume controller and USB ports inlets for my headsets soon and to charge PS4 controllers. Those buttons look nice though. I just recycled the buttons that came with the cab.

• 4 weeks later...
Haha yeah the input change was cool I've done what you have but I still have 2 players on my vewlix just have share and thouch buttons for each. I will eventually put a volume controller and USB ports inlets for my headsets soon and to charge PS4 controllers. Those buttons look nice though. I just recycled the buttons that came with the cab.

Here’s my version for both players

816dcde9ec501c7a1c18bd5345a23fe8.png

d0b7e84732835cf761ba9cfd7b1f1db0.jpg

a0d8643c2cdda5a13c6c083fefc019c8.jpg

12907a98ad64476d4f89108e5e03dfc5.png

b263d7367bf70e6f394b38e2e5ff94fe.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been ages since I last touched the chewlix.. But I've been prepping the chewlix for some SFV artwork coming my way.

As part of that prep, I decided to change the led from that nasty blue to the white (like the original). I also added an LED in the move list section. It's bright AF for now but I'm hoping once the artwork is on it, it'll dull it down a bit, if not, I'll get a dimmer.

a64dd04c90c7da8f28283e0bdc74985a.jpg

The other thing to do on my list was to change the black bit on the side to that satin chrome like the original vewlix C... Enter a 10 dollar piece of satin chrome vinyl..

7e01a652c850af32367ba878d0b62892.jpg

Got to work with installing the vinyl and voila.. She's starting to look the part.

3545f0ee51319c8a67fa18cd141ff338.jpg

c54b4e0388e2e76c99ba8a9e31f3324e.jpg

An hour or so later... I installed them back on the cab and I must say, I'm very happy with how it turned out and how it looks!

Side profile

4318aac9ffd563e51363f8d8473cc497.jpg

Bottom piece with the screw changed to stainless steel

d3e409637ea4a00d584d6de6e8a1dd65.jpg

Next to the other chewlix with one cab still needing the mod

bf5aed9ddb7cbfc32f92ed7b7213b9bf.jpg

4894649e4a8af8df13a4250dd9f2c0ba.jpg

And finally the angle with a the taito logo.. (cab needs a clean)

13840e7a98eb6c019fd67c78644fd565.jpg

It's amazing how a little change like that makes the biggest difference.

Hopefully I have enough vinyl left to do the marquee holder.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s amazing that since July of 2017 when I started this thread that it’s still going.

Trying to find a Vewlix for myself working all the ins and outs of importing to creating a side business and now this thread has turned into a really amazing Vewlix Clone appreciation thread so to speak, where people can share there own images of there beloved clones and talk about what there done to there’s, update, upgrades etc. I’m glad that we can all share these cabs with each other

Continue the input guys and sharing images it’s all good I can’t get enough of the Vewlix

#VewlixForever

It’s amazing that since July of 2017 when I started this thread that it’s still going.

Trying to find a Vewlix for myself working all the ins and outs of importing to creating a side business and now this thread has turned into a really amazing Vewlix Clone appreciation thread so to speak, where people can share there own images of there beloved clones and talk about what there done to there’s, update, upgrades etc. I’m glad that we can all share these cabs with each other

Continue the input guys and sharing images it’s all good I can’t get enough of the Vewlix

#VewlixForever

Thanks for the thread. I’m a fan and my GW Xtreme suits me well - although I’d like a mame one as well - or a Steam PC. I’m going back through older PS3 games and playing them on the cab - things like Limbo and Braid while enjoying newer platform games like Hollow Knight. Fez is great too. The Sky Force games are perfect.

Thanks for the thread. I’m a fan and my GW Xtreme suits me well - although I’d like a mame one as well - or a Steam PC. I’m going back through older PS3 games and playing them on the cab - things like Limbo and Braid while enjoying newer platform games like Hollow Knight. Fez is great too. The Sky Force games are perfect.

Thanks man I really appreciate your support

Man I love these cabs

This is what you need for yours, one of these

130f5b6124dee3430857f05f95a026ed.jpg

3d8b3b0fdafd0aebe695cd9702518568.jpg

e3e8335f4a112e0b669eac161139eb4c.jpg

Yeah I do. The Games Wizard branding isn’t my favourite. That’s why the top panel is off too. I’d like to get a Vewlix branded marquee for it. Not much I can do about the control panel colours as I guess that’s custom from Highway. Unless they can give me a cad drawing.

Yeah I do. The Games Wizard branding isn’t my favourite. That’s why the top panel is off too. I’d like to get a Vewlix branded marquee for it. Not much I can do about the control panel colours as I guess that’s custom from Highway. Unless they can give me a cad drawing.

We do not have the CAD drawing but do have the entire measurements/etc as an image which can be given to the printer companies. If you own a Game Wizard Xtreme and not registered your machine with us as yet, please take a photo of the compliance plate/serial number and email to support@highwaygaming.com - We will then give you access to a number of features including the latest firmware upgrades for the Highway IO board, as well as files for artwork sizes/etc... As we update our products, we will offer firmware upgrades for free as well as hints on how to use your cabinet for better gaming experience.

I can check with my supplier man if I can get you a Vewlix panel for top

We do not have the CAD drawing but do have the entire measurements/etc as an image which can be given to the printer companies. If you own a Game Wizard Xtreme and not registered your machine with us as yet, please take a photo of the compliance plate/serial number and email to support@highwaygaming.com - We will then give you access to a number of features including the latest firmware upgrades for the Highway IO board, as well as files for artwork sizes/etc... As we update our products, we will offer firmware upgrades for free as well as hints on how to use your cabinet for better gaming experience.

Thanks kindly. I’d sent that stuff to Valentina, but will send it again to the address you have listed.

Finally got my artwork for SFV:AE!

First I got the sucker laminated so they last!

266f5ae17e849167f6a1e4c7fbc2f2fa.jpg

Then I added the last piece of vinyl to the marquee holder..

49a7cbde249e4387295a4a4549f40d52.jpg

Went OTT on the magnetic strips

6a826c313658cb6830aff80c1b078689.jpg

So glad I changed the LED from blue to white..

c8e5d40371594b658a56a4ba30c84d8a.jpg

Installed the artwork...

06dc91d27e2a52b150ff272427d63e11.jpg

Turned the lights off and turned on a smart globe so I think I'm @ an arcade in Akihabara :)

0a466d62694857ce2ceddacf67998124.jpg